HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department arrested three people on shoplifting charges after they allegedly took items from three local businesses last week. Glenda Cooperwood, 54, Thomasine Cooperwood, 24 and Valencia Echols, 26, all of Cedar Bluff were arrested in the parking lot of Dollar General and charged with shoplifting. “They stole steaks and […]
Tag Archives | Drug Arrest
Smithville woman charged with sale of controlled substance A Smithville woman has been charged with selling a controlled substance. According to a statement from the Amory Police Department, the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit, assisted by the Amory and Smithville police departments, served a warrant for the arrest of Sherry A. Harris, 42, of Smithville […]
PONTOTOC – The Pontotoc County Sheriff’s and Police Departments, along with North Mississippi Narcotics, arrested 11 people over the weekend on drug charges. Charged with possession of a controlled substance were Conley K. Craig, 33, of Pittsboro; David Wayne Cox, 45, of Tupelo; Patrick Shane Mason, 27, of Okolona, Staci L. Rosenbaum, 40, of […]
ABERDEEN – Sheila Small of Okolona was sentenced this week to five years probation for her part in a regional drug ring. Small, 45, pleaded guilty last October to conspiring to travel to Texas to distribute proceeds of an unlawful cocaine enterprise in north Mississippi. U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock sentenced her and also ordered […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and North Mississippi Narcotics Unit are constantly fighting the battle against illegal drugs in the county and sometimes receive tips from the most unlikely sources. On Jan. 9, CSO and NMNU agents made a traffic stop on Jimmy Putt in Old Houlka, after […]
by Regina Butler Pontotoc Progress Following months of investigation Pontotoc County law enforcement authorities arrested a number of people last week on an assortment of alleged drug charges. In a major county wide round up, 20 people had their initial appearance before Justice Court Judge David Hall last Wednesday, January 23. Sheriff Leo Mask said […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...