HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
Tag Archives | drop out
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Jori Abi Boston August 31, 2014
- Alleged Craigslist counterfeit scammers from Okolona, West Point arrested September 2, 2014
- Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor September 2, 2014
- CUNNINGHAM: Common Core linked to federal dollars September 1, 2014
- Hands of Hope September 1, 2014
- BRASSFIELD: Thank you Chickasaw County! August 31, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...