HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
Tag Archives | drop out
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- McClain earns Sonic’s Hall of Fame award October 28, 2014
- Wildcats fall to Biggersville October 30, 2014
- Houston eyes playoffs October 30, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...