Special to the Chickasaw Journal COPES has been a part of the community in Chickasaw County for years and has repeatedly helped youth and families who have fallen on hard times or between the cracks of traditional human service program. And COPES is always looking for volunteers or those with resources – financial, educational or […]
Tag Archives | drop out
Everybody is for progress, but no one wants to change. That mindset is just as true in New York City and Washington D.C., as it is in Chickasaw County. Things in this world don’t change unless someone gets out of their comfort zone and goes about the hard work of making a difference in the […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- WEEK 7: High School Football Scores October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...