HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
Tag Archives | drop out
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Gates signs with Northeast July 26, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it July 26, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...