Special to the Chickasaw Journal COPES has been a part of the community in Chickasaw County for years and has repeatedly helped youth and families who have fallen on hard times or between the cracks of traditional human service program. And COPES is always looking for volunteers or those with resources – financial, educational or […]
Tag Archives | drop out
Everybody is for progress, but no one wants to change. That mindset is just as true in New York City and Washington D.C., as it is in Chickasaw County. Things in this world don’t change unless someone gets out of their comfort zone and goes about the hard work of making a difference in the […]
HOUSTON – Michael and Larry Newman planned and worked hard to get their GED The General Educational Development) test is a group of four subject tests which, when passed, certify that the test taker has high school-level academic skills. “Nothing is hard if you are ready for it,” said Michael, 22, who currently works at […]
Free GED Prep Classes are being offered at ICC-Houston WIN Job Center on for anyone age 17 or older and no longer enrolled in school. Classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday night at the Center on […]
We are pleased the Mississippi Department of Education chose to reward Houston Upper Elementary School academic achievement. A story on Page One of this newspaper explains the Champions of Change designation and how much it should mean to Houston School District and both our city and our county. We would like to point out some […]
I was fortunate to attend the State of the Region meeting Friday in Tupelo and listen to the latest trends and topics being discussed around Northeast Mississippi. Jobs, education and leadership were the issues of the day as the best and brightest from 17 counties gathered at the BancorpSouth Conference Center to solve the regions […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Hill named to National Society of Collegiate Scholars May 19, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- State of the Region Meeting is Wednesday May 26, 2015
- Click It or Ticket! May 25, 2015
- Monday morning Memorial Day May 24, 2015
- Looking at the future May 24, 2015
- Spring squirrel season opens May 23, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...