The Mississippi Highway Patrol’s mobile Driver’s License office will be open in Houston at the WIN Job Center at 210 South Monroe Street the third Monday of each month. They also will be at the National Guard Armory on Highway 8 in Okolona the third Wednesday and the Courthouse in Pittsboro on the third Tuesday. […]
Tag Archives | Driver’s
Classes begin across Chickasaw County next week and if you drive a vehicle we expect you to slow down and be ever mindful that kids are back on the street. Those big yellow school buses are painted that color for a reason and even a glimpse of that shade should shout caution to any responsible […]
HOUSTON – Driver’s licenses could be issued in Chickasaw County later this month if all goes according to plans made by state and local officials. The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol inspected several locations in Chickasaw County in June and has announced plans to set up a mobile office at the WIN Job Center in Houston […]
Okolona is looking at establishing a Mississippi Driver’s License office at the Rockwell Auditorium and we hope they are successful. The Mississippi Department of Public Safety ruffled this community a year ago when it decided to close its longtime office at the Fire Department in Houston. DPS said it was a cost cutting measure, but […]
Consider this predicament: For a Chickasaw County resident to get a license to drive on the state’s highways they have to drive out of the county to be tested and photographed to obtain that privilege. But a bill before the Mississippi Legislature may soon require the Mississippi Department of Public Safety to have a driver’s […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Capitol Correspondent JACKSON – State Sen. Russell Jolly, D-Houston, represents a sprawling district that includes all of Chickasaw, and portions of Grenada, Calhoun and southwest Lee counties. With the exception of the people who live in the Lee County portion of his district, all of Jolly’s constituents must cross county […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...