HOUSTON – In a sport where girls are going to hit the ball, defense is critical to win games. The South Pontotoc Lady Cougars fielded well but just seemed to be in the wrong places as the Houston Lady Hilltoppers used a big fourth inning to take a 3-0 victory in Houston, Thursday Aug. 28. […]
Tag Archives | Doss
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Houston Middle School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Superintendent’s List Lakyn Adams, T’Kecia Beaty, Edgar Bedolla, Gabriela S. Bedolla, Abby Kate Boyer, Emma Brassfield, Peyton Brassfield, Charles Buchanan, Zachary Callahan, Quen’darrius Chandler, Calee Cockell, Kamryn Cooper, Kanazsha Cooper, Mackenzie Adriana Criddle, Jermaya Davenport, Shemerea […]
TUPELO – William Evans “Bull” Doss, 57, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at his home.He was born Nov. 2, 1956, in Houston to John William Doss and Betty Jo Prescott Doss.Services will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Macedonia Cemetery in […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – Fannie Lorette Whitt Doss died Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Houston Funeral Home of Houston.
Ms. Beverly Pettigrew Doss of Houston announces the engagement and approaching marriage of her daughter, Kelli Anne Doss, to Zachary James Foster, son of Doug and Amy Robertson of Columbus and Gary and Debra Foster of Millport, Alabama. Miss Doss is also the daughter of Kevin Doss of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of […]
OKOLONA – Thennie Wade Doss, 79, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. She was born Aug. 30, 1934, in the Egypt community to Edgar Gates Sr. and Catherine Cunningham. For 30 years, she lived in Chicago and worked in respiratory therapy. Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 23, […]
OKOLONA – Kevin Lamar Bowens, 35, died on Tuesday, June 11, 2013. He was born on Jan. 4, 1978, to Juanita Bowens and James Judd. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Red Bud M.B. Church in Okolona with the Rev. Jermal Boddie officiating. Fields Funeral Home of Okolona in charge of […]
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Viola Maurine Doss Easley, 91, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at her residence. Formerly of Calhoun County, she was retired from Memphis City School System. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Chaplain Sandy Long and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating. Burial will […]
- Gas goes under $2 January 23, 2015
- United needs to fill 300 jobs – quickly January 27, 2015
- Arrested party host identified January 27, 2015
- NEMCC students nominated to Who’s Who. January 27, 2015
- State Auditor recovers $70,000 For City of Greenville January 28, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: A tough job January 29, 2015
- County seeks to refinance jail bonds January 29, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...