HOUSTON – In a sport where girls are going to hit the ball, defense is critical to win games. The South Pontotoc Lady Cougars fielded well but just seemed to be in the wrong places as the Houston Lady Hilltoppers used a big fourth inning to take a 3-0 victory in Houston, Thursday Aug. 28. […]
Tag Archives | Doss
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Houston Middle School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Superintendent’s List Lakyn Adams, T’Kecia Beaty, Edgar Bedolla, Gabriela S. Bedolla, Abby Kate Boyer, Emma Brassfield, Peyton Brassfield, Charles Buchanan, Zachary Callahan, Quen’darrius Chandler, Calee Cockell, Kamryn Cooper, Kanazsha Cooper, Mackenzie Adriana Criddle, Jermaya Davenport, Shemerea […]
TUPELO – William Evans “Bull” Doss, 57, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at his home.He was born Nov. 2, 1956, in Houston to John William Doss and Betty Jo Prescott Doss.Services will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Macedonia Cemetery in […]
WEST POINT – Rowena “Cooter” Doss Davidson, 88, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home in the Brand community. She was born Dec. 6, 1925, to George Butler Doss and Cinderella Parker Doss. She was a member of Union Baptist Church in Brand. She had a passion for people. Services will be at 1 […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – Fannie Lorette Whitt Doss died Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Houston Funeral Home of Houston.
Ms. Beverly Pettigrew Doss of Houston announces the engagement and approaching marriage of her daughter, Kelli Anne Doss, to Zachary James Foster, son of Doug and Amy Robertson of Columbus and Gary and Debra Foster of Millport, Alabama. Miss Doss is also the daughter of Kevin Doss of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of […]
OKOLONA – Thennie Wade Doss, 79, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at Pioneer Community Hospital in Aberdeen. She was born Aug. 30, 1934, in the Egypt community to Edgar Gates Sr. and Catherine Cunningham. For 30 years, she lived in Chicago and worked in respiratory therapy. Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 23, […]
OKOLONA – Kevin Lamar Bowens, 35, died on Tuesday, June 11, 2013. He was born on Jan. 4, 1978, to Juanita Bowens and James Judd. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Red Bud M.B. Church in Okolona with the Rev. Jermal Boddie officiating. Fields Funeral Home of Okolona in charge of […]
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Viola Maurine Doss Easley, 91, died Monday, April 15, 2013, at her residence. Formerly of Calhoun County, she was retired from Memphis City School System. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Chaplain Sandy Long and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating. Burial will […]
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...