PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active […]
Tag Archives | Don
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
WEST POINT – Donald Gary Permenter, 76, passed away on Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born July 9, 1937, in Cooksville in Noxubee County to Hazel Beatrice Wilson and Sam Bell Permenter. He was the proprietor of Don’s Drive In in West Point for 20 years […]
WEST POINT – Don Permenter, 76, passed away Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 20, at Calvert Funeral Home in West Point. Burial will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Visitation […]
- Winter lingers in Chickasaw County February 27, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Houston names projects March 6, 2015
- Snow! And lots of it March 5, 2015
- On to Jackson March 5, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The snowstorm of 2015 March 5, 2015
- Fifty-three throw hat in the ring March 5, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...