PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active […]
Tag Archives | Don
PONTOTOC – Less than six months after its official opening, the Tanglefoot Trail is slated to host several athletic events this spring. The 44-mile paved trail that succeeds the historic GM&O Railroad will host the Altis Endurance Marathon and Half-Marathon on March 30. The event will begin and end in Houston, at the trail’s […]
WEST POINT – Donald Gary Permenter, 76, passed away on Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was born July 9, 1937, in Cooksville in Noxubee County to Hazel Beatrice Wilson and Sam Bell Permenter. He was the proprietor of Don’s Drive In in West Point for 20 years […]
WEST POINT – Don Permenter, 76, passed away Wednesday, July 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 20, at Calvert Funeral Home in West Point. Burial will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Visitation […]
- School ratings a shame November 16, 2014
- TIP IT OFF! November 20, 2014
- Roof concerns discussed again November 20, 2014
- Holiday stockpile November 20, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- WEEK 14: High school football playoff scores November 22, 2014
- Floy Dyer serving community seniors November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...