HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail will host its first major race since opening last fall with the Altis Marathon set to run Sunday morning. Hundreds of runners are expected to descend on Houston and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is urging local businesses and the community to get ready and welcome the athletes to town to […]
Tag Archives | Don Locke
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The first race of spring on the Tanglefoot Trail will see a marathon start in Houston Sunday morning, March 30 and event organizers hope the race will draw a crowd. Houston will see the Marathon start at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon at 8, at Industrial Drive crossing and head north out of […]
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
HOUSTON – The whistles will blow Sunday afternoon and the Tanglefoot Trail will officially open for Houston, Houlka and points north. The old railroad bed of the former GM&O railroad has been turned into a bike and walking path after years of work by the communities located along the trail and Sunday’s 30-minute ceremony begins […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...