HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail will host its first major race since opening last fall with the Altis Marathon set to run Sunday morning. Hundreds of runners are expected to descend on Houston and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is urging local businesses and the community to get ready and welcome the athletes to town to […]
Tag Archives | Don Locke
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The first race of spring on the Tanglefoot Trail will see a marathon start in Houston Sunday morning, March 30 and event organizers hope the race will draw a crowd. Houston will see the Marathon start at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon at 8, at Industrial Drive crossing and head north out of […]
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
HOUSTON – The whistles will blow Sunday afternoon and the Tanglefoot Trail will officially open for Houston, Houlka and points north. The old railroad bed of the former GM&O railroad has been turned into a bike and walking path after years of work by the communities located along the trail and Sunday’s 30-minute ceremony begins […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Islam and the Crusades February 21, 2015
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors February 25, 2015
- Region could see inches of snow today February 25, 2015
- Band Booster seafood fundraiser underway February 25, 2015
- School, business, industry and institution closing February 25, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Quality of life February 27, 2015
- Houlka smashes Smithville, falls to Coffeeville February 27, 2015
- Houston ponders community assets February 27, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...