HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail will host its first major race since opening last fall with the Altis Marathon set to run Sunday morning. Hundreds of runners are expected to descend on Houston and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is urging local businesses and the community to get ready and welcome the athletes to town to […]
Tag Archives | Don Locke
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The first race of spring on the Tanglefoot Trail will see a marathon start in Houston Sunday morning, March 30 and event organizers hope the race will draw a crowd. Houston will see the Marathon start at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon at 8, at Industrial Drive crossing and head north out of […]
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
HOUSTON – The whistles will blow Sunday afternoon and the Tanglefoot Trail will officially open for Houston, Houlka and points north. The old railroad bed of the former GM&O railroad has been turned into a bike and walking path after years of work by the communities located along the trail and Sunday’s 30-minute ceremony begins […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...