HOUSTON – The Tanglefoot Trail will host its first major race since opening last fall with the Altis Marathon set to run Sunday morning. Hundreds of runners are expected to descend on Houston and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is urging local businesses and the community to get ready and welcome the athletes to town to […]
Tag Archives | Don Locke
Two big community events took place this weekend in Chickasaw County. Okolona hosted the Battle of Okolona on the 150th Anniversary of this historic Civil War engagement. The Houston Community Theatre hosted “Hello, Dolly,” the ninth production for this local acting troupe. Both events drew people to their respective communities and both events showed we […]
HOUSTON – The first race of spring on the Tanglefoot Trail will see a marathon start in Houston Sunday morning, March 30 and event organizers hope the race will draw a crowd. Houston will see the Marathon start at 7:30 a.m. and the half-marathon at 8, at Industrial Drive crossing and head north out of […]
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
HOUSTON – The whistles will blow Sunday afternoon and the Tanglefoot Trail will officially open for Houston, Houlka and points north. The old railroad bed of the former GM&O railroad has been turned into a bike and walking path after years of work by the communities located along the trail and Sunday’s 30-minute ceremony begins […]
- Teachers to be allowed to paddle September 28, 2015
- DUKE DENTON: Hospitals owe patients a list of procedure costs September 27, 2015
- Vardaman wins homecoming, 48-7 October 1, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Let’s get on the Trail October 1, 2015
- Flywheel Festival was fall fun October 1, 2015
- WEDDING: Adams / Gregory October 4, 2015
- WEDDING: Byrne / Blissard October 4, 2015
- AREA ROUNDUP: Adams scores three touchdowns in limited action October 3, 2015
- Tanglefoot Trail signs destroyed in Pontotoc County October 3, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Politicians parsing words October 3, 2015
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...
- Carolyn Goggans: In the pictures above ( the second from the bottom...