Daily Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Court of Appeals has upheld a Calhoun County civil judgment over the death of cattle. James May filed three separate complaints in 2011 alleging Clemmie Walker’s three pit bulls killed his cattle. The cases were combined and in January 2013, Calhoun Circuit Court ruled May was entitled to $10,500 […]
Tag Archives | dogs
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County has a dog ordinance designed to help property owners keep dangerous dogs off their property, but there is a process that must be followed. Kim Gordon, of Traceview Estates, said she has repeatedly reported what she deemed dangerous dogs running loose in her neighborhood and approached the Chickasaw County Board of […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
- Houlka eyes old fines as revenue July 24, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Ole Miss begins season No. 15 in coaches poll July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...