Daily Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi Court of Appeals has upheld a Calhoun County civil judgment over the death of cattle. James May filed three separate complaints in 2011 alleging Clemmie Walker’s three pit bulls killed his cattle. The cases were combined and in January 2013, Calhoun Circuit Court ruled May was entitled to $10,500 […]
Tag Archives | dogs
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County has a dog ordinance designed to help property owners keep dangerous dogs off their property, but there is a process that must be followed. Kim Gordon, of Traceview Estates, said she has repeatedly reported what she deemed dangerous dogs running loose in her neighborhood and approached the Chickasaw County Board of […]
Mississippi’s white-tailed deer hunting season with guns opens Saturday and runs through December 1. Hunting with dogs is allowed during this season. Legal deer include antlerless deer and legal bucks on private lands and legal bucks on open public lands. Hunters are urged to practice good hunter ethics and follow all safety rules to avoid […]
- THE NUMBERS: Tourism tax vote fails August 22, 2015
- MSU professor to lead national beef organization August 25, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Scores August 28, 2015
- WEEK 2: High School Football Capsules August 28, 2015
- Training for the worst August 28, 2015
- MSU student threats lead to lockdown, arrest August 28, 2015
- Two solar farms sprout in Chickasaw County August 28, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...