HOUSTON – It’s spring and a rash of puppies and kitty cats has city hall urging residents to be responsible pet owners and obey city ordinances. Houston has a leash law that requires dogs to be kept in a pen or on a leash. And while the city does not have a formal dog catcher, […]
Tag Archives | Dog
HOUSTON – Drug dogs searched Houston High School last week and found no drugs inside the building, but a sweep of the parking lot saw dogs signal on several cars and a small amount of marijuana found in a couple of vehicles. The owners of the vehicles were contacted and the interior of the vehicles […]
The drug dogs were back in Houston schools last week.# And while we regret that the noses of those highly trained canines found a small amount of marijuana in the parking lot, we are pleased to report they did not find anything inside the school. Past drug sweeps have turned up weapons and more sizable […]
HOUSTON – Austin Marshall has always planned to live life to the fullest and now he has a little help. Marshall, a Houston native and senior at Mississippi State University, was raised as a normal child but his blindness presented challenges as he moved about this world. “My parents raised me as a sighted child […]
We have a new dog at our house. She was found at First Baptist Church Sunday morning. She’s a husky/Irish setter/spaniel/collie/German shepherd/pitbull/terrier/golden retriever mix according to the canine experts at FBC. She looks like a long-haired, yellow dog to me. I’m used to turning down the boys’ request for pets. Tarantulas, iguanas, birds, white mice, […]
HOULKA – Residents of Houlka have had their cats killed, their garbage spilled and they are concerned about the safety of their children. The Houlka Board of Aldemen were approached by several city residents wanting city leaders to address the issue. “We’ve got dogs that run up and down our street and a pack of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The children and staff at BabySteps, Inc., in Okolona have been spending this summer expanding their horizons through reading. The summer reading theme is “Great Books for Great Children,” and the group started off the first week of June reading “Whistle for Willie.” The book introduces a little […]
Look inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal for our annual Cutest Pet contest to benefit the Newspapers in Education program. Seven adorable pets were entered into this year’s contest and voting is open from Wednesday, July 3 through July 12. Votes cost 25-cents each. To vote for your favorite pet entry, stop by […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...