By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – John McClendon will probably never forget the first time he saw Eli Ray. McClendon was part of a massive search for 3-year-old Ray who wandered away from his home in Thorn on Dec. 31. McClendon was the one who found the toddler on a creek bank on […]
Tag Archives | Dog
Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirms the first rabies case in a land animal in Mississippi since 1961 in a feral cat in Starkville. Exposures to the rabid cat, described as a small, black and white kitten, were reported in downtown Starkville and in a remote […]
HOUSTON – It’s spring and a rash of puppies and kitty cats has city hall urging residents to be responsible pet owners and obey city ordinances. Houston has a leash law that requires dogs to be kept in a pen or on a leash. And while the city does not have a formal dog catcher, […]
HOUSTON – Drug dogs searched Houston High School last week and found no drugs inside the building, but a sweep of the parking lot saw dogs signal on several cars and a small amount of marijuana found in a couple of vehicles. The owners of the vehicles were contacted and the interior of the vehicles […]
The drug dogs were back in Houston schools last week.# And while we regret that the noses of those highly trained canines found a small amount of marijuana in the parking lot, we are pleased to report they did not find anything inside the school. Past drug sweeps have turned up weapons and more sizable […]
HOUSTON – Austin Marshall has always planned to live life to the fullest and now he has a little help. Marshall, a Houston native and senior at Mississippi State University, was raised as a normal child but his blindness presented challenges as he moved about this world. “My parents raised me as a sighted child […]
We have a new dog at our house. She was found at First Baptist Church Sunday morning. She’s a husky/Irish setter/spaniel/collie/German shepherd/pitbull/terrier/golden retriever mix according to the canine experts at FBC. She looks like a long-haired, yellow dog to me. I’m used to turning down the boys’ request for pets. Tarantulas, iguanas, birds, white mice, […]
HOULKA – Residents of Houlka have had their cats killed, their garbage spilled and they are concerned about the safety of their children. The Houlka Board of Aldemen were approached by several city residents wanting city leaders to address the issue. “We’ve got dogs that run up and down our street and a pack of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The children and staff at BabySteps, Inc., in Okolona have been spending this summer expanding their horizons through reading. The summer reading theme is “Great Books for Great Children,” and the group started off the first week of June reading “Whistle for Willie.” The book introduces a little […]
Look inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal for our annual Cutest Pet contest to benefit the Newspapers in Education program. Seven adorable pets were entered into this year’s contest and voting is open from Wednesday, July 3 through July 12. Votes cost 25-cents each. To vote for your favorite pet entry, stop by […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...