Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – The Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirms the first rabies case in a land animal in Mississippi since 1961 in a feral cat in Starkville. Exposures to the rabid cat, described as a small, black and white kitten, were reported in downtown Starkville and in a remote […]
Tag Archives | Dog
HOUSTON – It’s spring and a rash of puppies and kitty cats has city hall urging residents to be responsible pet owners and obey city ordinances. Houston has a leash law that requires dogs to be kept in a pen or on a leash. And while the city does not have a formal dog catcher, […]
HOUSTON – Drug dogs searched Houston High School last week and found no drugs inside the building, but a sweep of the parking lot saw dogs signal on several cars and a small amount of marijuana found in a couple of vehicles. The owners of the vehicles were contacted and the interior of the vehicles […]
The drug dogs were back in Houston schools last week.# And while we regret that the noses of those highly trained canines found a small amount of marijuana in the parking lot, we are pleased to report they did not find anything inside the school. Past drug sweeps have turned up weapons and more sizable […]
HOUSTON – Austin Marshall has always planned to live life to the fullest and now he has a little help. Marshall, a Houston native and senior at Mississippi State University, was raised as a normal child but his blindness presented challenges as he moved about this world. “My parents raised me as a sighted child […]
We have a new dog at our house. She was found at First Baptist Church Sunday morning. She’s a husky/Irish setter/spaniel/collie/German shepherd/pitbull/terrier/golden retriever mix according to the canine experts at FBC. She looks like a long-haired, yellow dog to me. I’m used to turning down the boys’ request for pets. Tarantulas, iguanas, birds, white mice, […]
HOULKA – Residents of Houlka have had their cats killed, their garbage spilled and they are concerned about the safety of their children. The Houlka Board of Aldemen were approached by several city residents wanting city leaders to address the issue. “We’ve got dogs that run up and down our street and a pack of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The children and staff at BabySteps, Inc., in Okolona have been spending this summer expanding their horizons through reading. The summer reading theme is “Great Books for Great Children,” and the group started off the first week of June reading “Whistle for Willie.” The book introduces a little […]
Look inside this week’s edition of the Chickasaw Journal for our annual Cutest Pet contest to benefit the Newspapers in Education program. Seven adorable pets were entered into this year’s contest and voting is open from Wednesday, July 3 through July 12. Votes cost 25-cents each. To vote for your favorite pet entry, stop by […]
- WEEK 7: High School Football Scores October 3, 2015
- Aberdeen embracing blues with annual Bukka White Blues Festival October 7, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Excellence in all things October 8, 2015
- Houlka teacher waives probable cause hearing October 8, 2015
- Volunteers spruce up Tanglefoot Trail October 8, 2015
- Former MSU great Goode dies at 76 October 9, 2015
- WEEK 8: High School Football Capsules October 9, 2015
- McClain invites friends to Troy October 9, 2015
- Signs of history October 9, 2015
- Lady Toppers claim District October 8, 2015
- Gilbie Rivas: Hey ideas - I was enlightened by the info , Does a...
- George Edgar Worley: See Sparethekids.com and BeatingBlackKids.com for ...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Montel Williams on School Paddling of Studen...
- George Edgar Worley: #BlackLivesMatter ? #srebeducation Students to Sch...
- George Edgar Worley: WATCH Documentary Exposes the Brutally Violent TRU...