HOUSTON – Police Chief Billy Voyles is a little old fashioned, so if you get an Email saying you owe the Houston Police Department for a a traffic citation, don’t believe it. Voyles said his department has received two calls from Houston residents who have gotten Emails saying a traffic citation has been issued on […]
Tag Archives | dispatchers
HOUSTON – The loss of revenue at the county E-911 department due to a cancelled contract for dispatching services to the City of Houston had immediate effects, according to Sheriff Jimmy Simmons. “We had to let go two people,” Simmons said. Simmons said the best-case scenario would be to have a minimum of two […]
HOUSTON – The City of Houston is seeking to renegotiate its contract with the county to handle dispatching for the city police and fire services. Chickasaw County and Houston negotiated a contract in 2010 that handed city dispatching duties over to the county’s 911 operations center for an annual fee of $100,000. Houston is the […]
- Weather prompts outages, closings, curfews February 26, 2015
- Lenten Luncheon continues this week March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Ice, sleet accumulation expected tonight in region March 4, 2015
- Bats go cold in Bulldogs’ first loss March 4, 2015
- Habitat seeks potential homeowners March 4, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...