HOUSTON – The loss of revenue at the county E-911 department due to a cancelled contract for dispatching services to the City of Houston had immediate effects, according to Sheriff Jimmy Simmons. “We had to let go two people,” Simmons said. Simmons said the best-case scenario would be to have a minimum of two […]
Tag Archives | dispatchers
HOUSTON – The City of Houston is seeking to renegotiate its contract with the county to handle dispatching for the city police and fire services. Chickasaw County and Houston negotiated a contract in 2010 that handed city dispatching duties over to the county’s 911 operations center for an annual fee of $100,000. Houston is the […]
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- BILLY MCCORD: As I see it September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors September 23, 2014
- Pink Ribbon 5K set for Sept. 27 September 23, 2014
- Cassandra Pulliam appointed Circuit Clerk September 23, 2014
- LETTER TO EDITOR: Zora Cousin September 22, 2014
- Houston gets grant for fire loop September 22, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...