HOUSTON – The loss of revenue at the county E-911 department due to a cancelled contract for dispatching services to the City of Houston had immediate effects, according to Sheriff Jimmy Simmons. “We had to let go two people,” Simmons said. Simmons said the best-case scenario would be to have a minimum of two […]
Tag Archives | dispatchers
HOUSTON – The City of Houston is seeking to renegotiate its contract with the county to handle dispatching for the city police and fire services. Chickasaw County and Houston negotiated a contract in 2010 that handed city dispatching duties over to the county’s 911 operations center for an annual fee of $100,000. Houston is the […]
- Mobile Vet Center coming to Houston August 21, 2014
- Enon Hunt Club to host sheet shoot August 21, 2014
- WHITFIELD: What’s in your backpack? August 24, 2014
- MCCORD: As I see it August 24, 2014
- Stone/Lewis August 24, 2014
- Houston considers tax increase August 27, 2014
- Okolona bond vote undecided August 26, 2014
- Okolona man arrested in West Point crime August 26, 2014
- Flywheel Festival set for Sept. 26-27 August 26, 2014
- UPDATE: Search continues for Willie C. “Doc” Harries August 25, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...