By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann said Monday Mississippi has overcome its long history of voter discrimination and disenfranchisement and is now ready for a complete overhaul of its election laws. Hosemann, the third-term Republican, outlined during a speech at a luncheon meeting of the Mississippi State […]
Tag Archives | discrimination
Buzzwords like “discrimination” are interesting, because they nearly always cut one-way. In today’s America, “protected classes” can sue individuals and businesses for discrimination; but individuals and businesses cannot protect themselves from those who discriminate against them. The past two weeks “discrimination” has replaced “racist” as the word used to vilify anyone challenging the “rights” of […]
By Robbie Ward Daily Journal OXFORD – A federal jury determined this week the town of Bruce should pay $18,000 to a black public works employee after not promoting him based on his race. A two-day trial led to Roderick Keith Gray receiving damages from the town of Bruce, which did not hire the longtime […]
- SCORES: Thursday, April 28 softball and baseball April 29, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Hilltoppers top Corinth May 6, 2016
- Hilltoppers dominate Commodores May 6, 2016
- Lady Toppers down Senatobia May 5, 2016
- Houston to host National Day of Prayer today May 5, 2016
- Jones to play in NFL with with Kansas City May 5, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...