CHICKASAW COUNTY – School is out and hundreds of kids who might go hungry in Chickasaw County during the summer break will get two good meals a day. Schools in Okolona and Houlka have embarked on a federal program this week that will see kids 18 and under who were in school last spring get […]
Tag Archives | Dexter Green
HOUSTON – State law requires parents to prove they live in a school district before they enroll a child in school. The Mississippi State Board of Education is reminding parents that falsely giving residency information is a misdemeanor and conviction can see the parent or guardian fined. Several cities in Mississippi have passed ordinances making […]
OKOLONA – Preparing for any emergency is never an easy task and trying to prepare for an unexpected disaster pushes the envelope even further. But over 40 representatives of local and area entities gathered Feb. 4 to try to do just that. The Chickasaw County Emergency Management office organized a tabletop exercise, facilitated by Todd […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Grades for all three Chickasaw County schools are not where local educators want them to be, but there have been improvements. District scores for both Houston and Okolona school district moved up a letter grade this year with Houston getting a “C” and Okolona getting a “D” on state accountability rankings. Chickasaw […]
- Fewer snowflakes this Christmas November 17, 2014
- Volunteers need to answer the call November 20, 2014
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Helping Hands of Houlka November 21, 2014
- Hunting is part of my heritage November 21, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- Mississippi jobless rate at 7.6 percent in October November 22, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...