Okolona is accustomed to seeing it’s downtown change over the years. The city was burned – twice – during the Civil War. It’s stately three-story Masonic Lodge was constructed after a massive fire in the 1900s that destroyed the center of town. It suffered an exodus of businesses and stores during the 1970s and 80s [...]
Tag Archives | development
HOUSTON – Roxana Apsan has traveled across Europe with her company, but her first visit to the United States brought her to Houston, Mississippi. Apsan was a member of an IKEA buying team that visited Franklin Corporation last week and she said Southern fried chicken, iced tea and pecan pie were all dishes she has [...]
HOUSTON – Josh West will be the keynote speaker at Thursday’s Chickasaw Development Foundation banquet that will also see the community recognize its best and brightest. West, Regional Economic Developer for Pontotoc, Union and Chickasaw counties, will talk about his role in attracting business and industry to the area and some of the highlights of [...]
OKOLONA – The theme of the Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet was on business and industry with recognitions going out to existing companies but the largest business recognized was the one that is not there – yet. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, announced the Chickasaw County Rail Site, [...]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County’s jobless rate climbed to 13.4 percent in January and is now one of the highest in Northeast Mississippi. Surrounding counties also saw higher unemployment rates as ag-related businesses and farms experience the winter slowdown that idles many who work in fields and forest the rest of the year. Chickasaw’s jobless rate [...]
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the [...]
Lonnie Whitt knows his work will last longer than just about any in this community, so that is why he does it right the first time. “We also realize this is a difficult time in the lives of our customers,” said Whitt, owner of Houston Monument. “We do our best to provide a high quality [...]
- HMS band awards May 22, 2013
- East Webster Lady Wolves win championship after Hill’s heroics May 19, 2013
- Habitat seeking application for new home May 19, 2013
- Wilson Craig May 19, 2013
- Charles Bennett May 19, 2013
- HMS band awards May 22, 2013
- Cherry Word May 22, 2013
- Bill McQuary May 22, 2013
- Edith Clement May 22, 2013
- Okolona students take safe driving lessons May 22, 2013
- Brenda Summers: R.I.P. my brother, JL Wofford, he was a beautiful ...
- Jeanette Marsh: What is the scheduled date of opening. There have...
- air jordan 2 u: Thanks so much for the post.Thanks Again. Really G...
- William Brownlee: To Whom this may concerns, My name is William Bro...
- C Jackman: Sorry for the loss of your loved one. May the Alm...