HOUSTON – Pamela Michelle Easley, 47, died Saturday April 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born June 5, 1966, in Lee County to Harold Easley and Glenda Hamby Easley. She was a member of Arbor Grove Baptist Church.Services will be 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, at Memorial Funeral Home with […]
Tag Archives | Dendy
HOUSTON – A major expenditure to upgrade the city’s water meters will be discussed at a meeting set for City Hall next week. The Houston Board of Aldermen is seeking funds through the U.S. Department of Agriculture to purchase electronic water meters that would replace the city’s aging mechanical meters, make reading residential water bills […]
WOODLAND – Mark David Dendy, 57, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Sept. 25, 1956, in Houston to Paul Dendy and Agnes Felo Dendy. He was a loving husband, father and son. He was a member of Bethal Baptist Church. Services will be at 3 p.m. […]
HOUSTON – Health insurance changed dramatically last week with the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the City of Houston is looking into how it might benefit city workers. Houston Alderman at Large Barry Springer pointed out it might be advantageous for the city to supplement health insurance for city workers […]
HOUSTON – Tommy “T” Dendy is glad to tell you how to cook barbecue, just don’t ask what’s in his special sauce. “I worked on that recipe for years until I got it just right,” said Dendy. “I was looking for flavor where people said ‘That’s good!’ when they first tasted it, but I also […]
HOUSTON –Naomi Jean Smith Toland, 77, died Wednesday, June 26, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born April 20, 1936, in Houston to William Terry Smith and Laura Lee Park Smith. She was a retired sales clerk for Shasco and a member of Houston First United Methodist Church. Services are 10 […]
HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – Keith Jernigan’s game plan Saturday included a Game 3 in Houston’s MHSAA Class 4A state championship series against Newton County. First, however, his Lady Hilltoppers had to win Game 2. Newton County – and its pitcher, Darby Bishop – didn’t let him execute his strategy. The Lady […]
by Jean Dendy Special to the Chickasaw Journal I would like to extend a big “thank you” to everyone who helped make this year’s Relay for Life such a great success. The committee, team captains and team members all did an exceptional job this year. Carol Koutroulis and those who assisted her again provided […]
WEST POINT – Elizabeth Poss, 96, passed away Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Dugan Memorial Home. She was born Nov. 5, 1916, in Houston to Cyntha Andrews and Bob Dendy. She was a member of Siloam Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. today at the Robinson Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with […]
HOUSTON – The community gathered last week to salute economic development and honor those who are playing a roll in Houston’s success. The Chickasaw Development Foundation presented awards to local businesses, organizations and individuals at their annual banquet at the First United Methodist Church Family Life Center Thursday night. Longtime community cheerleader and community advocate […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...