Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO — Area students in grade six or above are encouraged to take advantage of free physicals offered by the Weston Reed Foundation from 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Aug. 1, at the new Police Athletic League, 204 Douglas St. Parking is available behind the Police Athletic League building or next door […]
Tag Archives | Delta State
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Trustees hired Amory School District Superintendent Tony Cook last week as the next leader of the Houston School District. Trustees, meeting in executive session, voted to hire Cook to replace longtime Houston superintendent Dr. Steve Coker whose contract was not renewed by the […]
STARKVILLE – Mississippi State wanted a more challenging non-conference schedule in Rick Ray’s third season to reflect a finally full roster. The Bulldogs released their 13-game non-conference slate on Wednesday. It features eight home outings and another at Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson on Dec. 20 against South Carolina Upstate. MSU will welcome Western Carolina, Mississippi […]
Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Holley of Pontotoc, announce the engagement of their daughter, Haley Amanda Holley, to Lonnie Braxton Franks, son of Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Franks of Houston. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Austin and Daphna Bland of Randolph and Derrel and Syble Holley of Pontotoc. She is a 2007 honors graduate of […]
Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Murphy of Hernando, Miss. announce the engagement of their daughter, Kayla Brooke Murphy, to Bryant Chase Smith of Vicksburg. Mr. Smith is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kent Smith. Miss Murphy is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Spivey of Vicksburg, Mr. and Mrs. Frankie Murphy of Iuka, Miss. […]
OKOLONA – Students from Okolona High School attended the Leadership, Engagement and Activism Development Conference (L.E.A.D) sponsored by Generation FREE at Delta State University in Cleveland Oct. 21. The Okolona students joined more than 200 students who came together to learn how to create change in their communities through activism. These potential youth leaders and […]
HOUSTON – Dr. Herman K. Smith will pause on July 4 and remember a different day and a different time and place. “We came ashore on Utah Beach on July 4, 1944,” said Smith a retired dentist from Houston. “It was about a month after D-Day and everything was still torn up and the front […]
- Making a difference every day April 26, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- Southeast moves closer to fire district May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...