HOUSTON – Lenten lunches wrap up with Good Friday services and a meal at Houston First United Methodist Church Family life center at noon. “If you can’t get excited about being a Christian during Holy Week, you need to get in church this week,” said Rev. Rex Wilburn, pastor of Houston First United Methodist Church. “This […]
Tag Archives | death
WEST POINT (AP) – A West Point woman has been charged with capital murder after authorities discovered her 2-month-old son died from a codeine overdose. Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says 24-year-old Brittania Smith was arrested this week. Scott says a report Monday from the Mississippi Crime Lab determined Brittania’s son, Brinston Smith, died from […]
JACKSON (AP) – A Mississippi man convicted in the death of a Dutch cyclist has died in a federal prison hospital in North Carolina. Chris Burke, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Prison, says Wendell G. Blount, died Wednesday in the prison hospital in Butner, N.C. Burke says it appears Blount died of natural […]
VARDAMAN — Calhoun County authorities have arrested four men in connection with a home invasion and assault of a man in Vardaman early Sunday morning. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said the phone of one of those arrested was found at the scene and the victim had been robbed by another one of the culprits […]
JACKSON – An inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman was fatally stabbed today, June 11, 2013, by a fellow inmate. Offender Kelvin Bowen, # R7284, was pronounced dead at the prison hospital at 1:04 p.m. He was attacked with a sharp instrument in the hallway of a maximum security unit at Building 29 […]
Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood (AP) This is a Sept. 16, 2010 Mississippi Department of Corrections provided photograph of death row inmate Willie Jerome Manning, taken at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Miss. (The Associated Press) JACKSON — Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood says a new round of DNA testing on evidence collected against […]
HOUSTON – Authorities continue to investigate leads and gather evidence in the death of Ray “Shorty” Bevill, but have yet to make an arrest. Bevill was found dead in his 206 Aberdeen Road home of stab wounds on April 15 after relatives had not seen him in two days. “We are getting closer to making […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County native and Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood will speak at the Mississippi Fallen Officers Memorial Service set for May 16 at Fair Park in Tupelo. The service is held at different locations and this marks the 15th year for the ceremony that will see all 98 names of fallen law enforcement […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
PONTOTOC – An Oxford man notoriously pardoned by Gov. Haley Barbour as he left office in 2012 pleaded guilty today to the DUI-death of an Okolona woman. Harry Russ Bostick, 57, admitted in circuit court in Pontotoc County that he was under the influence of alcohol when his Ford truck struck the car of Charity […]
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- LaGrone Pack April 21, 2014
- Baskets of Love! April 21, 2014
- Flywheel offers tractor competition April 21, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I See It April 20, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- Crunch time! April 23, 2014
- Gov. Bryant signs teacher pay bill giving $2,500 raise April 23, 2014
- Dean Andrews April 23, 2014
- Riley Thompson, Jr. April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...