TUPELO – Betty Sue Davis, 69, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 26, 1944, in Houston to Johnny Ardell Martin and Mamie Lee Wheeler Martin. She was an office manager for Roy Foster Furniture Company. Services are 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Houston Funeral Home […]
Tag Archives | Davis
Eric and Rebecca Kimbrough of Southaven are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Wyatt Jackson Kimbrough on July 23, 2013 at Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women in Memphis, Tenn. He weighed nine-pounds, ten-ounces and was 21-inches long. Sharing honors as proud grandparents are Larry and Sondra Davis of Houston and Johnnie and Sandi […]
HOUSTON – It’s time for kids of all ages to throw a line in the water and see what comes up. The annual Kid’s Fishing Rodeo is back and set for this Saturday at Davis Lake east of Houlka. The event is open to children ages 4-17 at no charge as an opportunity to try […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
CUMBERLAND – Joe Edd Cooper, 69, died Thursday, April 11, 2013, at his residence. He was a retired construction repairman with B&W Mfg. He was a member of the Cumberland Baptist Church, where he was a deacon and church treasurer. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday April 14, at the Cumberland Baptist Church. Burial will […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
HOUSTON – Sunday marks the beginning of Day Light Savings Time and before you move the clock up an hour, change the batteries in your smoke detector. National and local firefighters have embraced the calendar’s two annual Daylight Saving Time changes as the time to check your smoke detector and change the batteries. “Smoke detectors […]
TUPELO – Margaret Livingston Pryor, 85, died on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. For the past year she had resided at AvonLea Assisted Living Center. She was born on Dec. 29, 1927, to John Howard Livingston and Jennie Belle South Livingston in Pontotoc County. She was a graduate of […]
HOUSTON – Nancy Davis Williams, 86, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. She was born May 26, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Franks and Sarah Irene McGee Franks. She was a retired clerical worker. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...