OKOLONA – Penny Kimbrough Hughes, 46, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Born Sept. 19, 1967, in Amory, she was a daughter of W.D. Kimbrough and Shirley Eastman Davis. Growing up in Amory, she graduated from Hatley High School, was employed in the area garment plants and was of the Baptist […]
Tag Archives | Davis
TUPELO – Betty Sue Davis, 69, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born June 26, 1944, in Houston to Johnny Ardell Martin and Mamie Lee Wheeler Martin. She was an office manager for Roy Foster Furniture Company. Services are 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Houston Funeral Home […]
Eric and Rebecca Kimbrough of Southaven are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Wyatt Jackson Kimbrough on July 23, 2013 at Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women in Memphis, Tenn. He weighed nine-pounds, ten-ounces and was 21-inches long. Sharing honors as proud grandparents are Larry and Sondra Davis of Houston and Johnnie and Sandi […]
HOUSTON – It’s time for kids of all ages to throw a line in the water and see what comes up. The annual Kid’s Fishing Rodeo is back and set for this Saturday at Davis Lake east of Houlka. The event is open to children ages 4-17 at no charge as an opportunity to try […]
CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
CUMBERLAND – Joe Edd Cooper, 69, died Thursday, April 11, 2013, at his residence. He was a retired construction repairman with B&W Mfg. He was a member of the Cumberland Baptist Church, where he was a deacon and church treasurer. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday April 14, at the Cumberland Baptist Church. Burial will […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
HOUSTON – Sunday marks the beginning of Day Light Savings Time and before you move the clock up an hour, change the batteries in your smoke detector. National and local firefighters have embraced the calendar’s two annual Daylight Saving Time changes as the time to check your smoke detector and change the batteries. “Smoke detectors […]
TUPELO – Margaret Livingston Pryor, 85, died on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. For the past year she had resided at AvonLea Assisted Living Center. She was born on Dec. 29, 1927, to John Howard Livingston and Jennie Belle South Livingston in Pontotoc County. She was a graduate of […]
HOUSTON – Nancy Davis Williams, 86, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. She was born May 26, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Franks and Sarah Irene McGee Franks. She was a retired clerical worker. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with […]
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors April 19, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Voice your vote April 23, 2015
- Testing time April 23, 2015
- Hilltoppers eye playoffs April 23, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Flywheel fun starts Friday April 23, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: Presidential politics for 2016 April 26, 2015
- Locals serve on Indian Delegation April 25, 2015
- State benefits from Natchez Trace Parkway visitors April 24, 2015
- Houston hosts Flywheel Festival April 24, 2015
- Houston honors best and brightest April 23, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...