CEDAR BLUFF – Billy S. Davis, 79, passed away on Sunday, May 19, 2013, at his home in Cedar Bluff. He was born July 2, 1933, in Lamar County, Ala., the son of the late Verdo Clarence and Wilma Cloe Cook Davis. He attended Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church. He was a farmer and automotive […]
Tag Archives | Davis
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
CUMBERLAND – Joe Edd Cooper, 69, died Thursday, April 11, 2013, at his residence. He was a retired construction repairman with B&W Mfg. He was a member of the Cumberland Baptist Church, where he was a deacon and church treasurer. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday April 14, at the Cumberland Baptist Church. Burial will […]
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel. “I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around […]
HOUSTON – Sunday marks the beginning of Day Light Savings Time and before you move the clock up an hour, change the batteries in your smoke detector. National and local firefighters have embraced the calendar’s two annual Daylight Saving Time changes as the time to check your smoke detector and change the batteries. “Smoke detectors […]
TUPELO – Margaret Livingston Pryor, 85, died on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. For the past year she had resided at AvonLea Assisted Living Center. She was born on Dec. 29, 1927, to John Howard Livingston and Jennie Belle South Livingston in Pontotoc County. She was a graduate of […]
HOUSTON – Nancy Davis Williams, 86, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. She was born May 26, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Franks and Sarah Irene McGee Franks. She was a retired clerical worker. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with […]
- County picks MedStat ambulances September 25, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core; Do the math September 27, 2014
- Future of farming September 28, 2014
- NMMC offers pastoral education program September 28, 2014
- Aldermen eye Ethics opinion September 29, 2014
- EPA conducts water quality study on Chico Creek October 1, 2014
- WEEK 6: AP high school football state rankings September 30, 2014
- Senate not only race on November ballot September 30, 2014
- Houston donates bus to Chickasaw EMA September 30, 2014
- Enterovirus D68 confirmed in Calhoun County September 30, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...