TROPHY ELK (Courtesy Photo) Retired Game Warden Danny Nicholson shot this 6X7 trophy Rocky Mountain Bull Elk while hunting in Northwest Colorado on Oct. 20, 2014 near Maybell. He shot the trophy at 360-yards with a .270-cal. Browning BAR rifle using a 130-grain Remington soft-point. Danny said he now spends time hunting the country and […]
Tag Archives | Danny
HOUSTON – Major Danny Blanton told of that fateful day in July 2005 when he performed CPR on a Marine sergeant fatally wounded when a bomb exploded under the vehicle that sergeant was riding in on a road in Anbar Province Iraq. Blanton also told of the son of that sergeant who turned down an […]
MYRTLE – William Danny McCuiston, 73, died Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013, at his residence. He was born Feb. 24, 1940, in Duckhill to William Durwood McCuiston and Frances Ingram. He retired as plant manager of Woodcraft. He was a U.S. Army veteran and a member Myrtle Methodist Church. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Dr. Gregg and Karen Thomas of New Albany announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Dianne Thomas, to Darron Trent Harmon of Houston. The prospective groom is the son of Danny and Nikki Harmon of Houston. He is the grandson of Hazel Harmon of Houston and the […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- A reason to be thankful November 27, 2014
- Davis Lake bridge bids opened November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...