BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
Tag Archives | Daniel
HOUSTON – Daniel L. “Dan” Allen, 89, passed away Sunday, May 25, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center after an extended illness. He was born in McCondy Community of Chickasaw County on Aug. 23, 1924, to Hal Neal Allen Sr. and Kate Brand Allen. He graduated from McCondy and Egypt Schools. He was a member […]
HOULKA – “I feel excitement in the air,” said Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums to students at Houlka Attendance Center May 2. Collums addressed students in kindergarten through twelfth grade encouraging them to go into the next two testing weeks with positive attitudes and ready to do their best. “This is why we’ve been working so […]
TUPELO – Sgt. Justin Daniel Johnson, 27, died suddenly Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013, at his residence in Starkville. Justin was born July 27, 1986, in Baton Rouge, La., to Danny Johnson and Karen Keith Lampton. He was a 2004 graduate of Tupelo High School. He continued his education at Mississippi State University where he earned […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board has hired two Tupelo lawyers to review their case and handle litigation to get leaks stopped at the School of Science and Technology. Trustees met in executive session for one hour Friday and then voted to hire attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree to gather data and information from […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
Rev. Darrick Whitfield Daniel 3:8 (KJV) 8 Wherefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews. 12 There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men, O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Mr. and Mrs. Charles Daniel Williams of Columbus are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Meryl Kate Williams to Brinton Barrett Fisackerly of Flower Mound, Texas. Miss Williams is the grand-daughter of the late Dr. and Mrs. Frank B. Hays, formerly of Columbus and the late […]
Houston is alive with The Sound of Music. The Houston Community Theater will perform the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The Sound of Music at the Houston High School Auditorium at 7 p.m. March 23. “It has a smaller cast and the talent is vast,” said HCT Director Janet Coker. “There is good chemistry between the […]
CALHOUN CITY – Natalie Monique Pittman, 28, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Daniel Temple C.O.G.I.C. in Calhoun City. She attended college at Northeast Mississippi Community College, majoring in business. She is survived by her father, Otis Edmond of Calhoun City; two brothers, Brandon […]
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Your Hospital September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...