DALLAS – What a whirlwind it has been for former Ranger and NJCAA First Team All-American left tackle Donald Hawkins. It’s one that could change his life forever. Hawkins, who played the 2010-11 seasons at Northwest Community College and the 2012-13 seasons for the Texas Longhorns, was released by the Philadelphia Eagles, picked up and waived […]
Tag Archives | Dallas
Today is Team Check Day with the car and crew required to attend a variety of meetings and race events. Teams will formally register this afternoon and a group meeting of all solar car racers and advisor/instructors will be held tonight in the ballroom of the Dallas/Fort Worth Marriott Hotel. Prior to that a meeting of all […]
SHERMAN – Frances Ruth Ballard Bruce, 78, died Friday, May 9, 2014, at her residence in Sherman. She was born Feb. 2, 1936, in Okolona to Ernest Carl Ballard and Mary Inez Willis Ballard. She lived in the Dallas, Texas, area many years before returning to her native Northeast Mississippi 32 years ago. Her working […]
WEST POINT — James “Jim” Jolly, 41, passed away Monday, April 21, 2014, at his home in West Point of a sudden illness. Jolly was born in West Point and later moved to Dallas, Texas where he operated a construction company and window blind business. An avid outdoorsman, Jolly loved to hunt and fish. He […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...