Special to the Chickasaw Journal MATHISTON – A Wisconsin man riding a bicycle along the Natchez Trace Parkway died Monday afternoon. According to park rangers, De Loyd E. Stertz, 87, of Altoona, Wisconsin, was riding his bicycle south on the Parkway just south of U.S. Highway 82 at mile marker 201 when he was […]
Tag Archives | cyclist
Melissa Merrill and 35 other cyclists peddled 50 miles Wednesday, spent the night in Houston and then woke up Thursday to help build a house. The group was part of the Fuller Center for Housing spring ride on the Natchez Trace with Parkway Baptist Church feeding them and letting them sleep in their Family […]
HOUSTON – Tia Tee Khao worked frantically as a flower delivery man in Portland, Ore., and one day decided he wanted to smell the roses. “I got on my bike and started riding,” said Khao. “My journey has taken all across the United States. I have met a lot of very good people and learned […]
JACKSON (AP) – A Mississippi man convicted in the death of a Dutch cyclist has died in a federal prison hospital in North Carolina. Chris Burke, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Prison, says Wendell G. Blount, died Wednesday in the prison hospital in Butner, N.C. Burke says it appears Blount died of natural […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...