By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal More than 4,000 homes in Chickasaw County were without power at one point yesterday and roughly 2,000 were without electricity Thursday, after a massive winter storm dumped 8-inches of snow on Houston. “Those today are just in our service area and we probably have the same amount without […]
Tag Archives | Curfew
HOUSTON – Shots were fired in Houston Friday and Saturday night and one man has been arrested in connection to one of those incidents and a series of fights and disturbances over the weekend. Roger Brownlee, 21, of Houston was arrested for giving false information, exhibiting a weapon and discharging a firearm in the city […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekend. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
Vandalism is a part of doing business with the world. It is sad to say there are people who get a certain amount or pleasure or entertainment out of tearing up public property. We find that a sad way to live life. We also understand it is a crime. A news article in last weeks […]
All schools in Chickasaw County start this week. For the first time in over 12 years Ingrams only have one young man in local schools. Schools are so critical the quality of life of any town. Good communities have good schools. — I can’t say enough about the Houston Solar Car team’s 13th consecutive victory […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Police Department is cracking down on juvenile crime and parents of kids caught out after curfew will be fined. Houston has a weeknight curfew of 11 p.m., and midnight on weekends. While parents are responsible for any fines imposed by the court for curfew violation, any juvenile who violates the city’s […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Civic Center in Joe Brigance Park is a community building but apparently needs city oversight to help keep it nice and safe for all. Police Chief Billy Voyles voiced his concerns to Houston Alderman earlier this month about the type of events that have been hosted recently in the main room […]
OKOLONA – Juveniles out after curfew in Okolona must now be accompanied by an adult or face being detained by police. Aldermen passed an amendment to its curfew ordinance last week that requires anyone under the age of 18 out after hours to be accompanied by someone over the age of 25. The new […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...