About mid-summer when the cucumbers in the garden were growing like kudzu, Grandmother would send the kids to the garden with all the buckets we could find. It was time to gather a large, fresh crop of cucumbers to make pickles. As you know, it is a labor of love to convert cucumbers into pickles. […]
Tag Archives | cucumbers
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Making the grade December 12, 2014
- Take a bite out of Christmas crime December 16, 2014
- United Furniture to expand in former Lane building December 16, 2014
- Topper Old Timer December 16, 2014
- Houston superintendent’s contract not renewed December 17, 2014
- Board hears report on HUES December 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Christmas in Houston, Mississippi December 18, 2014
- EDITORIAL: Change December 18, 2014
- Houston considering fire chief December 18, 2014
- Tupelo man killed in Tuesday morning wreck December 17, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...