About mid-summer when the cucumbers in the garden were growing like kudzu, Grandmother would send the kids to the garden with all the buckets we could find. It was time to gather a large, fresh crop of cucumbers to make pickles. As you know, it is a labor of love to convert cucumbers into pickles. […]
Tag Archives | cucumbers
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Aldermen approve water meter bonds March 20, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Time to plant March 26, 2015
- Supervisors waiting for roads to dry March 26, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Tis spring and a young man’s thoughts turn to . . . baseball March 26, 2015
- Lady Hilltoppers are rolling March 26, 2015
- Easter Egg Hunt is noon Saturday March 27, 2015
- IHL, Jones mull possible contract extension March 27, 2015
- Region’s jobless rate rises March 27, 2015
- Ole Miss rallies for Jones March 26, 2015
- Hilltopper tennis squeezes in games March 26, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...