CALHOUN COUNTY – One man is dead and another is in a Northeast Mississippi hospital following a gunfight in rural Calhoun County Thursday night with one of the shooters pardoned by former Gov. Haley Barbour last year. Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan said officers were called to scene about 3-1/2 miles south of Slate Springs […]
Tag Archives | crime
HOUSTON – Vandals have once again broken toilets at bathrooms at Joe Brigance Park prompting the city to put locks on the door until they can be fixed. Vandalism is a problem in all small towns, but the Houston Board of Aldermen are concerned with the amount of damage being done at the park and […]
HOUSTON – Drug cases took up just almost a third of the 89 cases brought before Chickasaw County Circuit Court last month. December’s term saw 19 cases disposed of, with verdicts handed down in 14 of those cases, three retired to the files, one dismissed and one not guilty. The docket saw 24 drug-related cases […]
VARDAMAN – Two men are in the Calhoun County Jail facing robbery charges after they allegedly beat and robbed an elderly man Sunday night. Vardaman Police Chief Kenny Scott said two Jackson residents had come to Vardaman to work and became acquainted with their victim, but apparently turned on him and robbed him of two […]
In this Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012 photo Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood, a Chickasaw County native, addresses the families and friends of victims of violent crimes during an annual tree-lighting ceremony at the Walter Sillers Building on High Street in Jackson, Miss. During the ceremony, loved ones added ornaments to the tree in memory of […]
HOUSTON – This is a season of gifts and giving but there are some who want to take and steal. The Christmas holiday season usually sees an increase in crime as homes fill with gifts and crooks start looking for easy targets to fill out their own Christmas list. “We just urge people to be […]
ABERDEEN – Melvin Enoch Livingston, 20, of Smithville was arrested by Monroe County Sheriff Office on Nov. 27. Livingston is charged with felony malicious mischief. Bond has not been set at this time. Livingston is currently being held at Monroe County Detention Center.
ABERDEEN – William Wade Aycock IV, 29, of Aberdeen was arrested by Monroe County Sheriff Office on Nov. 26. Aycock is charged with two counts of B & E of a Dwelling. The incident occurred this past weekend at a residence on Clara Drive in Monroe County.
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Wildfire alert February 1, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...