HOUSTON – A passing motorist spotted something suspicious, called 911 and helped thwart an attempted burglary at Subway Wednesday night. Police responded to the call about 11:45 p.m. and when they pulled onto the property, spotted two people running from the scene and a car parked in the parking lot. “They were trying to break […]
Tag Archives | Crime Stoppers
LEE COUNTY – The Lee County Sheriff’s Office took possession of a large quantity of high-grade marijuana, uncut cocaine and crack cocaine during a traffic stop Tuesday. Officers are now searching for the driver of the vehicle, who fled immediately after being pulled over in the area of Green Tee Road. Sheriff Jim Johnson said […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal AMORY – Police have named a suspect in a Wednesday robbery and have issued a warrant for his arrest. William Marcus Jones, 29, of Chickasaw County, is being sought in connection to the armed robbery of Sassy Pups in Amory and the theft of a vehicle. Jones is a […]
- EDITORIAL: Let’s go to work! June 25, 2015
- Roberts is Miss Mississippi, Molly May named to Top 10 June 28, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best June 28, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Lines of Liberty July 2, 2015
- Supervisors ponder MDOC moves July 2, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...