By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Police, community and media working together can stop crime. Crime Stoppers of Northeast Mississippi celebrated its 10th Anniversary Wednesday and honored law officers, media and the members of the community at its annual awards banquet. And Chickasaw County was honored with multiple awards. “We’ve been doing this […]
Tag Archives | Crime Stoppers
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – One of two people sought for a shooting in Thorn on Thursday has been arrested and authorities hope to make a second arrest in the shooting today. Rudy Flores, 18, of Tupelo and formerly of Houston, was arrested about 2 a.m. in a motel room in Holly […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Police are looking for the person or persons who stole a ATV from Madison Street in downtown Houston on or about Thursday, Jan. 7. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said the red, side-by-side, Polaris Razor was parked in a shed on the property and there was no […]
By William Moore Daily Journal STARKVILLE – The Starkville Police Department arrested one person and named a new suspect in connection with a pair of Oct. 14 drive-by shootings. On Wednesday, Derek Javonte “Magic” Hardnett, 21, of Starkville, turned himself into authorities. He was charged with possession of a stolen firearm and drive-by shooting. His […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal MONROE – The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday that a $4,000 reward is now being offered for any information leading to the arrest of the shooter that sent a deputy to a hospital Monday. MCSO deputy Eric Sloan was treated and released from the North Mississippi Medical Center Monday […]
HOUSTON – A passing motorist spotted something suspicious, called 911 and helped thwart an attempted burglary at Subway Wednesday night. Police responded to the call about 11:45 p.m. and when they pulled onto the property, spotted two people running from the scene and a car parked in the parking lot. “They were trying to break […]
LEE COUNTY – The Lee County Sheriff’s Office took possession of a large quantity of high-grade marijuana, uncut cocaine and crack cocaine during a traffic stop Tuesday. Officers are now searching for the driver of the vehicle, who fled immediately after being pulled over in the area of Green Tee Road. Sheriff Jim Johnson said […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal STRONG – According to Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell, his department is helping in the investigation of an apparent arson in southern Monroe County late Tuesday. “Apparently someone was going up and down the road setting fires to ditch banks. This is the very first report we’ve had of […]
By Ray Van Dusen Monroe Journal AMORY – Police have named a suspect in a Wednesday robbery and have issued a warrant for his arrest. William Marcus Jones, 29, of Chickasaw County, is being sought in connection to the armed robbery of Sassy Pups in Amory and the theft of a vehicle. Jones is a […]
- Okolona celebrates graduation May 20, 2016
- Okolona addresses blighted property May 24, 2016
- State of the Region meeting set for May 26 May 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Threats and promises from lawmakers May 24, 2016
- Pugh earns WBC Business Award May 25, 2016
- Vardaman packs gym for graduation May 27, 2016
- Hebron clinches MAIS championship May 26, 2016
- Toppers’ Smith shuts out Newton May 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Helping those who help us May 26, 2016
- NEWS BRIEFS: Feeding program, driver’s license and county election commissioners May 25, 2016
- Michael Mcalpin: As a kid I spent many an afternoon in the fire sta...
- Hang Abarca: Hi Sharmaine! my work colleague filled in a blank ...
- Sharmaine Sartor: Useful commentary . I learned a lot from the analy...
- Lahoma Stapleton: Hi smithjasmine. I got ahold of a template CG 20 3...
- smithjasmine: Timely ideas , I loved the details . Does someone ...