BRUCE – William Ottis Hurst, 79, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born Sept. 27, 1934, in Pontotoc County. He was retired from Memphis Hardwood in Bruce after 35 years. He was a member of Bruce United Methodist Church. A 1954 graduate […]
Tag Archives | Crawford
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Okolona High School Art Department, headed by Heather Wilson for the past two years, recently participated in tye-dying fabric. The students at Okolona High School have been working diligently all year to prepare themselves for the SATP and MCT2 State assessments. As a reward for all of […]
By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
OKOLONA – Mrs. Lucille DeLozier Inmon, 95, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at NMMC-Hospice Unit after an extended illness. She was born on March 21, 1918, in Lee County to Sam and Evie Lee Cooper DeLozier. She grew up in Pontotoc County and married John Crawford Inmon on Oct. 11, 1936. They lived in the […]
VARDAMAN – Mae Chandler, 104, died Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at her home. She was born June 21, 1909, in Vardaman. She was a homemaker and a seamstress. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at Young’s Chapel Church in Vardaman. Bro. Benny Hill […]
HOUSTON – Jane Woods McGregor, 75, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at Community Hospice Darlington Oaks in Verona after a long illness. She was born Jan. 21, 1938, in Jackson to R.L. Woods and Martha Crawford Woods. She was a graduate of I.A.H.S. in Fulton. She received her B.S. degree from Mississippi State University and […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
CRAWFORD – Geraldine Lusk Tarlton Wiseman, 85, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at her residence. She was born in Calhoun City to Dewey E. and Blondie Bingham Lusk She was a member of Fairview Baptist Church and a graduate of Macon High School. She enjoyed her friends at Trinity and loved playing cards with them […]
By Avery Springer Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In July of 2004, a group of sweaty, round-faced little girls stepped offf a softball field undefeated, proud and confident. We were World Series champions and a little cocky to say the least. I though we had conqured the world. Little did I know at […]
OKOLONA – Drug charges take up just over a third of the 79 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court this week. Court got underway last week and is slated to continue through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 28 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Gore named ICC’s Sports Information Director September 10, 2014
- Ex-Ranger Donald Hawkins signed by Dallas Cowboys September 13, 2014
- BIRTH: Reagan Brooke Murphree September 13, 2014
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Houston WalMart target of bomb scare September 17, 2014
- Liquor defeated, beer apparently approved in Pontotoc September 17, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...