By Jack Elliott Jr. Associated Press JACKSON – A lawsuit filed against the Mississippi Department of Corrections targets the integrity of drugs used to execute inmates. The suit was filed Friday in Hinds County Chancery Court by the MacArthur Justice Center on behalf of death row inmates Michelle Byrom and Charles Ray Crawford. MacArthur attorney […]
Tag Archives | Crawford
OKOLONA – Mrs. Lucille DeLozier Inmon, 95, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at NMMC-Hospice Unit after an extended illness. She was born on March 21, 1918, in Lee County to Sam and Evie Lee Cooper DeLozier. She grew up in Pontotoc County and married John Crawford Inmon on Oct. 11, 1936. They lived in the […]
VARDAMAN – Mae Chandler, 104, died Tuesday, Sept. 24, 2013, at her home. She was born June 21, 1909, in Vardaman. She was a homemaker and a seamstress. She was a member of Vardaman First Baptist Church. Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at Young’s Chapel Church in Vardaman. Bro. Benny Hill […]
HOUSTON – Jane Woods McGregor, 75, died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at Community Hospice Darlington Oaks in Verona after a long illness. She was born Jan. 21, 1938, in Jackson to R.L. Woods and Martha Crawford Woods. She was a graduate of I.A.H.S. in Fulton. She received her B.S. degree from Mississippi State University and […]
by Patsy R. Brumfield NEMS Daily Journal Willie Jerome Manning could become Mississippi’s next convicted murderer to be executed, if his further appeals are not effective. Manning is accused in two sets of murders, although this death sentence is for only the 1992 fatal shootings of two Mississippi State University students, Pamela Tiffany Miller, 23, […]
CRAWFORD – Geraldine Lusk Tarlton Wiseman, 85, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at her residence. She was born in Calhoun City to Dewey E. and Blondie Bingham Lusk She was a member of Fairview Baptist Church and a graduate of Macon High School. She enjoyed her friends at Trinity and loved playing cards with them […]
By Avery Springer Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In July of 2004, a group of sweaty, round-faced little girls stepped offf a softball field undefeated, proud and confident. We were World Series champions and a little cocky to say the least. I though we had conqured the world. Little did I know at […]
OKOLONA – Drug charges take up just over a third of the 79 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court this week. Court got underway last week and is slated to continue through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 28 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
- James Patterson April 20, 2014
- Rinnie Davis April 18, 2014
- Ottis Bass April 18, 2014
- Joseph Bass April 18, 2014
- Holy Week in Houston April 18, 2014
- James Patterson April 20, 2014
- Grace Floyd April 20, 2014
- Warming up for playoffs April 19, 2014
- James Patterson April 19, 2014
- April 19, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...