HOUSTON – An eastbound vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed slammed into the back of a 18-wheeler on Highway 8 east of Houston shortly before noon, killing the driver of the car. Witnesses said a white, 2011 Kia Optima passed them at a very high speed and apparently ran into the back […]
Tag Archives | crash
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – The 2015 Click It or Ticket national enforcement mobilization is taking place all across the nation in cities, suburbs and rural area – including Chickasaw County. The Mississippi Highway Patrol will be working with local law enforcement May 18 through May 31, to step up enforcement […]
By Stephanie Rebman Daily Journal A Myrtle man died in a Chickasaw County crash Friday afternoon. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol’s Criss Turnipseed, the fatal crash was about 3:30 p.m. on Mississippi Highway 245 about half a mile north of U.S. Highway 45 Alternate. William Browning, 47, was pronounced dead at the scene. His F-250 […]
HOUSTON — A three-vehicle accident caused a broke open a natural gas line on Highway 8 west of Houston Friday morning snarling traffic and hurting two people. The accident saw a natural gas regulator in the right-of-way sheared off at its base and natural gas spewing into the air. Emergency crews were dispatched about 7:45 a.m. […]
Daily Journal A fatal accident occurred in Calhoun County this morning around 7 a.m. According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, a black 2009 Honda Accord traveling north on Highway 9 near the intersection of Highway 331 left the roadway and collided with a tree. The driver, 48-year-old Ruthie Williams of Bruce was pronounced dead at […]
HOUSTON – A private plane crashed on landing and then caught fire at Houston Municipal Airport Wednesday morning with only minor injuries. A two-engine Beechcraft KingAir owned by Quality Iron of Houston was attempting to land when it was apparently hit by a gust of wind, lifted to one side and hit the runway. The […]
Putting a dent in your car or truck means you need to call Frank Smith Body Shop in Houston. Smith has more years in the auto repair business than he want to think about, but that expertise and knowledge of fixing bent automobiles makes him one of the best bodymen around. Frank Smith Body Shop […]
GUNTOWN – Anniston Jade Harlow, 3-years-old, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014, at LeBonheur Children’s Medical Center from injuries sustained in an automobile accident on Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014. She was born May 8, 2010, to Spencer Harlow and Mikki Smith. She was a sassy, high spirited little girl who always had a sweet smile […]
HOUSTON – A single car accident Saturday seriously injured a Pontotoc man, prompting him to be airlifted to Tupelo. Houston police, fire and ambulance crews were dispatched to the western end of Jamison Street at 8:34 p.m. Saturday after a neighbor heard the crash and called 911. “When we got on the scene we found […]
HOUSTON – One of the first fatalities of the Mississippi Fourth of July holiday was reported in Chickasaw County Wednesday afternoon. The accident occurred about 3 p.m. at the intersection of Egypt Road and Highway 45A in eastern Chickasaw County when a southbound pickup slammed into the rear wheels of an 18-wheeler that was attempting […]
VAN VLEET – A Houston man was airlifted after colliding with a log truck in Chickasaw County on Tuesday. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol Cpl. Chris Turnipseed, Ronald Johnson, 47, of Houston, was driving a Toyota Camry eastbound on Highway 32 near Ross Hill around 5 p.m. when he said he fell asleep and his […]
- Florida largemouth bass stocked into Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway lakes June 24, 2015
- First National Bank changes name to First Choice Bank June 27, 2015
- TERRI TURNER: 2015 Woman Of The Year June 28, 2015
- JAMES MEYERS: 2015 Man Of The Year June 28, 2015
- TWO TOOTS: 2015 Business Of The Year June 28, 2015
- Houston, Okolona airport improvements funded July 1, 2015
- Local talent attends ICC camp June 30, 2015
- United Way seeks support for backpacks June 30, 2015
- GED offered at WIN, Excel June 29, 2015
- Chickasaw jobless rate plummets June 29, 2015
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...