Special to the Chickasaw Journal PITTSBORO – Two Calhoun County residents have been arrested in connection with the death of Billy Covington. Frankie T. Jones, 26, of Pittsboro, was charged with first degree murder, and Ashley Hobson, 24, of Calhoun City, was charged with accessory after the fact. During their arraignments Friday, bond for […]
Tag Archives | Covington
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Law enforcement in Calhoun County and the city of Baldwyn continue to look into the manner of death after two bodies were found last weekend. Baldwyn police were notified around 7 p.m. Friday that there was a body in some bushes along South Second Street. Officials found Jessie […]
BANNER – Dennis E. Covington, 63, died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Memphis, Tenn. He was born Nov. 11, 1949, in Aberdeen. He was a member of Charjean Baptist Church in Memphis, the VFW and served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War. He was preceded in death […]
BRUCE – James Lee Covington, 88, died Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Oxford. He was born May 9, 1924, in Calhoun County. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and recipient of the Purple Heart. He was a farmer and a member of Rocky Branch Baptist Church. He […]
- DANIEL GARDNER: Love and Hate July 22, 2015
- All weather walkers July 26, 2015
- Area students earn ICC scholarships July 26, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Fusion Furniture expanding in Ecru July 28, 2015
- Unusually high absentee voting activity reported July 28, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...