Dear Editor, This letter is concerning the Houston School District policy on not allowing the usage of the school facilities by teachers and former administrators for events of personal and public interest. I, Zora Cousin, requested the usage of the Houston High School Auditorium to hold by husband’s, Warren G. Cousin, Sr., funeral services. I […]
Tag Archives | cousin
We need Boys & Girls Club Dear Editor, I am deeply concerned about the closing of the Boys & Girls Club in Houston, Mississippi. The Boys & Girls Club was an asset for Houston and Chickasaw County. It was a great service for the boys and girls of this area. Therefore, I appeal […]
OKOLONA – The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a boil-water notice for customers who receive their drinking water from the City of Okolona water supply on Thursday and were told to boil water over the Labor Day weekend. A random sampling showed the presence of total coliform bacteria in the drinking water last week […]
WEST POINT – Daisie Cousin, 78, passed away on Monday, April 1, 2013, at the North Mississippi Center in West Point. Services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Upper Prairie Creek M.B. Church in Woodland. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Carter Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of the arrangements. […]
- Houlka Community Thanksgiving is Nov. 22 November 19, 2014
- Brand, Wright honored by ICC November 22, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it November 23, 2014
- A golfer’s tale November 23, 2014
- Houston ready for tipoff and tournament November 23, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- Bells will be ringing November 25, 2014
- ICC scholarships awarded to local students November 24, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...