OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth. Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the […]
Tag Archives | County
OKOLONA – The community will get a chance to pose questions to the three finalists for superintendent of Okolona schools at a town hall meeting March 17. A community forum was held Feb. 28 to gather input and a list of questions to be asked at that meeting as Okolona takes the steps necessary to […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A 5 p.m. Friday deadline looms for potential candidates looking to get on city ballots in Houston, Okolona, Houlka and Woodland this spring. City races in Okolona already have 17 people seeking eight spots while in Houston 11 people have thrown their hat in the ring for seven offices. In Okolona all […]
HOUSTON – A homeowner woke up coughing about 2 a.m. Monday to discover a fire in her trailer on Highway 8 east of Houston. Firefighters responded to a fire call at 105 Marie Drive east of Houston early Monday and found the trailer owned by Norman and Melissa Nabors full engulfed in flames, but the […]
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man’s conviction in the death of Dutch cyclist Esther Hageman on the Natchez Trace Parkway has been upheld by a federal appeals court panel. In 2010, Wendell G. Blount was sentenced to 10 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter in the 2009 death of Hageman. Federal prosecutors said Blount […]
TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long. She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Justice Court Judge Garry Turner accepted four not guilty pleas from Okolona Assistant Police Chief Romona Robertson Thursday and will now set a court date. Robertson, who did not appear in Justice Court, was represented by her attorney Ed Lancaster who entered the not guilty pleas to DUI, speeding, failure to […]
WOODLAND – William McDuff “Bill” Johnson, Sr., 83, died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 23, 1929, to Sterling Fort Johnson and Grace Elizabeth Short Johnson. He was a retired County Agent for Chickasaw County. Private burial will be at Glenwood Cemetery in Elkton, Ky. There will […]
- 2014 Okolona Homecoming Court September 14, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...