HOUSTON – The Houston School Board was updated in executive session on litigation involving its roof at the School of Science and Technology, but lawyers were tight-lipped about details of the case. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne the board entered executive session for roughly 15 minutes with Tupelo attorney Bill Murphree meeting with […]
Tag Archives | Cost
HOUSTON – The city is seeking to cut costs and may ask homeowners to cut their yards out to the street next spring. The Houston Board of Aldermen discussed a proposal last week that would require property owners to be responsible for the upkeep of property in front of their home and also to mow […]
When I sit down to plan my budget at home, I start with the things I cannot avoid paying. The light bill, the phone bill, the water bill, the mortgage – and of course my taxes. It’s the same with sitting down to figure out the budget for city and county government. They start […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Okolona falls hard, 25-24 September 18, 2014
- Lady Hilltoppers pounds Calhoun City September 18, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: How about a little change September 18, 2014
- Houston running game rolls September 18, 2014
- ER closes, clinic opens at Trace September 18, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...