TUPELO – When Ronnie Bishop opened his first barbecue restaurant in Saltillo six years ago, he envisioned having more than one store. In 2011, he opened a second restaurant on McCullough Boulevard in Tupelo, and last year, he added a third location in Booneville. In a matter of weeks, he’ll be opening the fourth Bishop’s […]
Tag Archives | Corinth
HOUSTON – Jim Wiginton grinned as he stepped over the yellow line at the southern gateway to the Tanglefoot Trail in Saturday. “This is great,” said Wiginton, 88, of Corinth. “Yes, I’m a little tired, but it feels great.” Tanglefoot Trail Manager Don Locke said, as far as he knows, Wiginton was the first to […]
Northeast Mississippi’s three defending state champions – Corinth (4A), Hamilton (2A) and Smithville (1A) – opened the MHSAA slow pitch softball playoffs Tuesday with victories. Corinth rallied to beat Houston 9-2 and 14-10 after losing the best-of-three series opener 11-1. Hamilton, which moved down to 1A this season, swept Broad Street 14-0 and 23-0 while […]
CORINTH – Herbert Beverly Hussey died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. He was born April 20, 1931, in Prairie to Fred and Elizabeth Cain Hussey. He was a graduate of Corinth High School and Mississippi State University. He was the former owner of Structure Products and the local R.C. Bottling Co. He served […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Dr. Gregg and Karen Thomas of New Albany announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Elizabeth Dianne Thomas, to Darron Trent Harmon of Houston. The prospective groom is the son of Danny and Nikki Harmon of Houston. He is the grandson of Hazel Harmon of Houston and the […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Toppers started looking toward a repeat trip to Jackson ever since they left as champions in May 2012. And now, they’ll get their chance. The Lady Toppers took three games to finish their best-of-three series with Corinth for North Half, but they got the two wins they needed to secure their […]
- Houston duo named Showcase MVPs August 23, 2014
- Houlka falls to East Union August 28, 2014
- Supervisors discuss ambulance service August 28, 2014
- Lady Toppers strong at plate and field August 28, 2014
- INGRAM: Dove season makes my trigger-finger itch August 28, 2014
- THOMPSON: Paying at the pump August 30, 2014
- Lady Tigers accept ALS challenge. August 30, 2014
- Volunteer and make a difference August 29, 2014
- This is the way we roll! August 29, 2014
- Eight-man Eagles open season August 28, 2014
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...