HOUSTON – A Hattiesburg architect has been hired by the Houston School Board of Trustees to assist the district with issues to fix the leaking roof at the Houston School of Science and Technology. Trustees hired the firm of Landry & Lewis P.A. To work with the district to assess the current roof, determine what […]
Tag Archives | Copper Top
HOUSTON – A Jackson law firm has been hired by the Houston School District Board of Trustees to provide legal services in an effort to get the roof fixed at the Houston School of Science and Technology. School board trustees met March 6, and after a 40-minute executive session with NewPath consultant Warren Bowen, voted […]
HOUSTON – The Houston school board voted last week to reject a bill from an attorney hired by the district to help fix a leaking roof in and who was later dismissed. Trustees rejected the bill from lawyer Bill Murphree and Superintendent Dr. Steve Coker said the decision was made on the grounds the attorney […]
HOUSTON – The Houston school board is looking for new attorneys in its effort to get a leaking roof fixed. Trustees dismissed Tupelo attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree Jan. 13, after a closed door executive session that lasted an hour-and-a-half and was billed as a need to discuss “pending or possible litigation.” Carnathan […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board was updated in executive session on litigation involving its roof at the School of Science and Technology, but lawyers were tight-lipped about details of the case. On a motion by Trustee Carol Byrne the board entered executive session for roughly 15 minutes with Tupelo attorney Bill Murphree meeting with […]
HOUSTON – The Houston School Board has hired two Tupelo lawyers to review their case and handle litigation to get leaks stopped at the School of Science and Technology. Trustees met in executive session for one hour Friday and then voted to hire attorneys Gary Carnathan and Bill Murphree to gather data and information from […]
HOUSTON – Trustees approved an invoice of $21,629.18 to NewPath Strategy Consultants at a special called meeting Friday morning. The payment of the claim was the sole action item on the agenda, but the school board did conduct a “walk-through” of all district buildings and grounds after the meeting adjourned. The board had sought NewPath’s […]
- Aldermen mull vendor permits July 22, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- BRIAN LENTZ: MACJC format changes in 2015 July 28, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...