WEST POINT – Carolyn Justice Cooper, 95, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born on July 3, 1918, to the late Grace Evans and Charles Richard Justice in Houston. She was a graduate of MUW, a member of First United Methodist Church, United Methodist […]
Tag Archives | Cooper
WEST POINT – Martha Nell Huffman, 74, passed away on Friday Jan. 17, 2014, at her home in West Point. She was born on March 14, 1939, in Reform to Joseph Henry Cooper and Lillie Lou Crick Weaver. She was co-owner of Huffman Oil Company, where she was very active in the family business for […]
OKOLONA – Mrs. Lucille DeLozier Inmon, 95, died Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014, at NMMC-Hospice Unit after an extended illness. She was born on March 21, 1918, in Lee County to Sam and Evie Lee Cooper DeLozier. She grew up in Pontotoc County and married John Crawford Inmon on Oct. 11, 1936. They lived in the […]
NETTLETON – Earlie Leslie Terry, 74, died on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born July 28, 1938, in Houston, he was a son of the late James Alvin and Maggie Bell Jackson Terry. He married Patsy Cooper. Before his retirement, he was a self-employed upholsterer. A loving father […]
by Gene Phelps NEMS Daily Journal RIDGELAND – Keith Jernigan’s game plan Saturday included a Game 3 in Houston’s MHSAA Class 4A state championship series against Newton County. First, however, his Lady Hilltoppers had to win Game 2. Newton County – and its pitcher, Darby Bishop – didn’t let him execute his strategy. The Lady […]
CUMBERLAND – Joe Edd Cooper, 69, died Thursday, April 11, 2013, at his residence. He was a retired construction repairman with B&W Mfg. He was a member of the Cumberland Baptist Church, where he was a deacon and church treasurer. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday April 14, at the Cumberland Baptist Church. Burial will […]
HOUSTON – The Lady Toppers started spring break strong but faltered at the end at the New Hope tournament. The Lady Toppers headed to Vardaman for tournament action March 14 and made short work of both of their opponents. The Houston girls used a big, nine-run first inning, followed by a five-run second, to take […]
By Avery Springer Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In July of 2004, a group of sweaty, round-faced little girls stepped offf a softball field undefeated, proud and confident. We were World Series champions and a little cocky to say the least. I though we had conqured the world. Little did I know at […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...