By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The following list of prioritized Okolona School District bond issue projects, listing their status as complete, under way, or slated to begin. 1. Replace covered walkway awnings – Complete 2. Place covered walkway awning leading to east parking lot at OHS – Complete 3. Repair […]
Tag Archives | Construction
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona School District’s $2 million bond issue, passed last year, is fueling construction of many large and small projects designed to upgrade the school district from the ground beneath students’ feet to the roofs over their heads, District Superintendent Dexter Green said this week. […]
HOUSTON – Carrson Neal with Cook Coggin Engineering of Tupelo, has been named the county’s engineer of record. The motion to hire Neal was made by District 4 Supervisor Jerry Hall and seconded by District 5 Supervisors Russell “Wolfie” King. The motion passed without dissent. Cook Coggin Engineers, Inc., is a general civil engineering firm […]
SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, […]
OKOLONA – The volunteers, churches and civic organizations that work every day to make Okolona a better place for all were honored at the Okolona Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. The 80th annual banquet saw the National Guard Armory packed March 27 and attendees enjoyed a meal, entertainment and an evening of celebration. Keynote speaker […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
HOUSTON – It has nothing to do with educating students but it could be a major expense for the Houston School District next year. The Houston School Board of Trustees heard a proposal from Todd Kilgore, representing K-N-K Construction, on possible options to fix a crumbling driveway in front of the Houston Middle School that […]
HOUSTON – The summer construction season has several businesses in and around the Square in Houston in the process of renovation or repair. The biggest job is the renovation of the future home of Watkins, Ward & Stafford CPA on the west side of the Square, with work on water lines by the city […]
ABERDEEN – Terral Reese Jr., 71, died on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 24, 1941, in Hamilton, he was a son of the late Terral and Mittie Mae Wolf Reese. He was a member of the Holiness church. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, racing, spending time […]
HOUSTON – A hearing to determine when and where a lawsuit between Chickasaw County and Ausbern Construction will go to court is tentatively set for Monday in Houston. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth is being asked in court filings to compel production of documents from engineer Ed Springer, determining the status of the case and […]
HOUSTON – The recent spell of warmer, sunny weather has prompted a number of local contractors to hammer, pour concrete and twist pipe. While part of the increase can be seen as businesses back on the job after the holiday break, some of it may be an indication of homeowners beginning to plan and seek […]
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- County elections are Tuesday, Aug. 4 July 31, 2015
- Two charged in Calhoun County death July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Back to School Calendar! August 3, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: A hot political summer August 3, 2015
- School immunization required August 2, 2015
- 2015-16 Back to School Supply lists for Houlka, Houston, Okolona August 2, 2015
- PERS retirees must stay vigilant August 2, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...