SHANNON – Joseph “”Joey”” Bass, 44, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014. He was born Sept. 10, 1969, to Bayward Talmadge and Carolyn Codelia Halcomb Bass. He was employed as a framer at United Furniture Company and was proud to be working again. His work history included janitorial, construction and furniture work. He loved fishing, camping, […]
Tag Archives | Construction
OKOLONA – The volunteers, churches and civic organizations that work every day to make Okolona a better place for all were honored at the Okolona Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet. The 80th annual banquet saw the National Guard Armory packed March 27 and attendees enjoyed a meal, entertainment and an evening of celebration. Keynote speaker […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors opened the new year with a new idea for collections through Justice Court. Melanie Mayer of nCourt electronic collection service addressed the board about a convenient online method for residents to pay fines, some tickets and fees. Some tickets, including DUI tickets, require a court appearance and […]
HOUSTON – It has nothing to do with educating students but it could be a major expense for the Houston School District next year. The Houston School Board of Trustees heard a proposal from Todd Kilgore, representing K-N-K Construction, on possible options to fix a crumbling driveway in front of the Houston Middle School that […]
HOUSTON – The summer construction season has several businesses in and around the Square in Houston in the process of renovation or repair. The biggest job is the renovation of the future home of Watkins, Ward & Stafford CPA on the west side of the Square, with work on water lines by the city […]
ABERDEEN – Terral Reese Jr., 71, died on Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at the Gilmore Memorial Regional Medical Center in Amory. Born Oct. 24, 1941, in Hamilton, he was a son of the late Terral and Mittie Mae Wolf Reese. He was a member of the Holiness church. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, racing, spending time […]
HOUSTON – A hearing to determine when and where a lawsuit between Chickasaw County and Ausbern Construction will go to court is tentatively set for Monday in Houston. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth is being asked in court filings to compel production of documents from engineer Ed Springer, determining the status of the case and […]
HOUSTON – The recent spell of warmer, sunny weather has prompted a number of local contractors to hammer, pour concrete and twist pipe. While part of the increase can be seen as businesses back on the job after the holiday break, some of it may be an indication of homeowners beginning to plan and seek […]
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Cleo Boyce April 22, 2014
- Okolona cracks down on city travel April 22, 2014
- Manufacturing event set for Franklin Furniture Center at MSU April 21, 2014
- Pink ribbon run Saturday April 21, 2014
- Glenda Gann April 23, 2014
- Amber Alert issued for missing 2-year-old Lowndes County girl April 23, 2014
- Lions snatch victory from Wildcats April 23, 2014
- Houston hosts a who? April 23, 2014
- Paying it forward April 23, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...