What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in Washington to protest the legalization of abortion. […]
Tag Archives | Constitution
Constitution Week is the commemoration of America’s most important document. It is celebrated annually during the week of Sept. 17-23. Did you know 1. Our Constitution has 4,400 words. 2. It took more than 100 days to draft the Constitution. 3. The word “democracy” does not appear in the Constitution. 4. The oldest of the […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, President of the United States, champion for education as the strength of democracy and advocate for a free press and freedom of religion. He also had a spirit of excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership and a heart to give back to America. It is for […]
Dear Editor As the author of House Bill 2, sometimes referred to as the “open carry law” or the “new gun law,” it has been fascinating to see the level of misinformation on this bill, even by some legislators who voted for it twice. Actually, there is nothing really “new” about this law except for […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
“When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the […]
- WEDDING: Booth/Schlicht July 26, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? July 30, 2015
- County will keep inmates for free July 30, 2015
- Run right! Go long! July 30, 2015
- Woman charged with trying to sell her baby July 30, 2015
- Mayors takes issue with column August 1, 2015
- Wake up America, move forward August 1, 2015
- NCAA charges Southern Miss, Tyndall August 1, 2015
- Houlka aldermen updated on water, sewer issues July 31, 2015
- Man arrested following assault with knife July 31, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...