What roles will social issues like abortion, same-sex marriage, and religious freedom play in the 2016 presidential race? On January 22, 1973, the Supreme Court decided abortion was a legal right, thus settling the debate … right! In January of this year an estimated 600,000 people marched in Washington to protest the legalization of abortion. […]
Tag Archives | Constitution
Constitution Week is the commemoration of America’s most important document. It is celebrated annually during the week of Sept. 17-23. Did you know 1. Our Constitution has 4,400 words. 2. It took more than 100 days to draft the Constitution. 3. The word “democracy” does not appear in the Constitution. 4. The oldest of the […]
HOUSTON – Thomas Jefferson was the author of the Declaration of Independence, President of the United States, champion for education as the strength of democracy and advocate for a free press and freedom of religion. He also had a spirit of excellence, entrepreneurship, leadership and a heart to give back to America. It is for […]
Dear Editor As the author of House Bill 2, sometimes referred to as the “open carry law” or the “new gun law,” it has been fascinating to see the level of misinformation on this bill, even by some legislators who voted for it twice. Actually, there is nothing really “new” about this law except for […]
HOUSTON – Attorney General Jim Hood has filed a petition requesting the Supreme Court of Mississippi to do away with a restraining order issued by the Hinds County Circuit Court regulating the carrying of weapons. The restraining order was filed late Friday and basically froze the enactment of the State’s new open carry law, known […]
“When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houston heads to state championship May 20, 2015
- Cook named HSD superintendent May 21, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...