By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal STARKVILLE – Scientist, energy companies, research agencies and state and federal leaders gathered in Starkville for a nationally recognized energy symposium and the Houston Solar car was the center of attention. The Houston Solar Car team rolled out the 14-time National Solar Car Challenge solar car and parked it […]
Tag Archives | Congressman
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Congressman Alan Nunnelee, who battled brain cancer and the effects of a stroke for eight months, died today at his home, surrounded by family members. The 56-year-old Nunnelee had been in home hospice care since Jan. 26, when he returned home from North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo […]
TUPELO – Congressman Alan Nunnelee’s cancer has recurred, he is at home in Tupelo and “no further medical treatment is possible,” a spokesman said Friday. In a statement released Friday afternoon, consultant Morgan Baldwin said: “After seven months of bravely fighting brain cancer and a stroke, Congressman Alan Nunnelee was informed last Friday that a new […]
Daily Journal Congressman Alan Nunnelee, R-Miss., has been released from the hospital. The 1st District leader was admitted Thursday with a suspicious spot on his brain, a day after feeling nausea and fatigue. In a press release, Nunnelee said doctors found a “small intracranial mass,” which “appears to be an isolated problem that can be […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congressman Alan Nunnelee (R-Miss) released the following statement: “Yesterday afternoon, I began experiencing nausea and fatigue. After consulting with the House Attending Physician, it was decided that I should go to the hospital for further consultation. After undergoing an MRI scan, doctors found a small abnormality on the right side of […]
HOUSTON – Congressman Alan Nunnelee crawled inside the Houston Solar Car last week and took it for a spin around the parking lot. “Unbelieveable!” was all he could say when he crawled out a few minutes later. “I was at a groundbreaking this morning for a factory in Mantachie that is on the cutting edge […]
- TEE IT UP: Week 1 High School Football Capsules August 21, 2015
- Houlka ponders water system changes August 24, 2015
- Season of new beginnings August 24, 2015
- Monroe County deputy shot following traffic stop August 24, 2015
- Sweet potato field day will be held Aug. 27 August 25, 2015
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody in MSU gun scare August 27, 2015
- Potential + Effort = Success August 26, 2015
- Reward offered in Monroe County deputy shooting case August 26, 2015
- ICC names 2015 Spring graduates August 26, 2015
- Alabama man indicted in fatal Trace wreck August 25, 2015
- Randy Wanat: Change "Christianity" to "Islam" and suddenly ...
- TRSmith: What happens to students who reside in the distric...
- Beth: The only way to protect ourselves and our benefits...
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...