I’m not a hunter, never have been, but I know a lot of people who are and it’s just fine with me. No one in my immediate family was big on hunting so I just never learned as a child and now I’m way too lazy to start. However, having been raised in the suburbs […]
Tag Archives | column
I saw a sign recently in a Tupelo dress store that said, “Thin may be in, but fats’ where it’s at.” There seems to be a trend to a more “healthy” look among fashion conscious females. I hope that trend applies to today’s Chickasaw Journal. You hold in your hand one big fat paper filled […]
There is a place in Houston that is unique to this world. The Square, with our stately Chickasaw County Courthouse, green lawn, wide streets and businesses, is distinctively Houston. There may be other places that have more shops, a bigger courthouse and maybe even a little more pizzazz, but none that say Houston like The […]
At my house we have a job-jar. It’s a jar filled with jobs Sara feels need tending to on the Ingram Plantation. We’ve had this system for the past 20-years. I wake up most Saturday mornings and pull out a job. When it’s finished I pull out another. The job-jar has never been empty. It’s […]
My name is Parashay Hamilton and I am a senior at Houston High School. I’m in a lot of different clubs and organizations but one of the organizations that I’m most active in is the Topper TV Committee. I’ve been on Topper TV since my freshman year of high school and I love putting the […]
I’ve always been told it takes 60 days from the time you plant a tomato to the time you can start harvesting fruit. If you do the math that means those of you that planted the end of April should be serving bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches this week. Yes, I know some of you […]
Mother’s Day was Sunday and I got a double whammy as it was my birthday, too. “And wasn’t that so nice of me to plan it that way for you,” was my own mother’s joking comment. My son wished me a happy combined birthday/Mother’s day by hanging some mini-blinds and promising more physical labor to […]
The boys have gotten a little too old and too cool for the full-blown Easter thing at my house. But don’t worry we will still have Peeps, jelly beans and a ham. We will all get up on Sunday morning and go to church. Then it is off to my mother’s house for lunch and […]
A wise old politician once told me all politics is local. After watching campaigns, elections and political shenanigans for 25 years, I’ve come to the conclusion this is true. When you look at the national picture, you have to remember that it all filters down to a particular region or community heading to the polls […]
History buffs will tell you that to know where you are going, you have to know where you’ve been. We hope this week between Christmas and the start of 2013 will give everyone pause to reflect on the good and bad of 2012 and make the appropriate changes as the new year breaks. We’ll talk […]
- Peggy Stovall December 6, 2013
- HUES students of the week December 4, 2013
- Hardwood tourney Saturday December 4, 2013
- Macie Atkinson December 4, 2013
- Toppers win over Bruce December 4, 2013
- Peggy Stovall December 6, 2013
- Robert Miller December 6, 2013
- James Harrell December 6, 2013
- Newberger Brown December 6, 2013
- Houlka Homecoming Queen December 6, 2013
- Iggy: I am from the uk and just watching worlds strictes...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Look who’s reading now! […]...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Houlka gym renovation […]...
- Linda: He does NOT make it right. I ordered beef from him...
- Reed Jones: Greenwood's division record is 5-0....