Special to the Chickasaw Journal MATHISTON – A Wisconsin man riding a bicycle along the Natchez Trace Parkway died Monday afternoon. According to park rangers, De Loyd E. Stertz, 87, of Altoona, Wisconsin, was riding his bicycle south on the Parkway just south of U.S. Highway 82 at mile marker 201 when he was […]
Tag Archives | Coleman
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Willie Tucker Raspberry, 108, the matriarch of the nationally prominent Raspberry family of Okolona, died Friday in Indianapolis, where she had lived with a granddaughter since 2009. Raspberry, the widow of noted educator James Raspberry, who died in 1991, had been a longtime teacher in the Okolona public […]
OKOLONA – Okolona High School has released the honor roll for the fourth nine weeks. Fifth Grade Superintendent’s List Jalariyon Darnell Collins Fifth Grade Principal’s List Taylor B. Chapman, Addison Mckenzie Floyd, Makayla Kiara Hodges, Valencia Elizabeth Hughes, Jakiaila Netaysha Ivy and Darrick Ahmad Whitfield, Jr. Sixth Grade Principal’s List Marquavius Ladezma Baker, Jacobren Christopher […]
BIG CREEK – John Allen Hughes, 79, died Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. He was born Sept. 6, 1934, in Calhoun City to John Hughes and Beatrice Blackwelder Hughes. He was a machinist for Harrelson Manufacturing for 50 years. He was a member of Baileyville Baptist Church.He is survived […]
TUPELO – Evangelynn Adele Burks Hayden, 49, died Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Jan. 26, 1964, to Annie Coleman Burks. Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at Verona Church of Christ. Bro. Wayne Cox will officiate. Burial will be in Porter’s Memorial Gardens. Williams Memorial […]
HOUSTON – Vickie Renna Coleman Black, 49, died Monday, April 1, 2013. She was born Dec. 12, 1963, in Chickasaw County to David Wayne Coleman and Barbara Anne Dye Sims. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church. She was employed at Wal-Mart for 30 years. Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Parkway […]
WEST POINT — Waymond Will “Bill” Reid age 87, passed away Tuesday, March 26, 2013, at Starkville Manor Nursing Home, in Starkville. Bill Reid was born August 21, 1925, in Pheba, to the late Quay Reid and Ventrice Montgomery Reid. Bill Reid often said “God made man to work, so I am happy to work.” […]
HOULKA – Frankie Coleman Hobson, 92, died Saturday, March 23, 2013, at her residence in Houlka. A native of Chickasaw County, she was the daughter of Frank and Luvern Berry Coleman. She was a member of Thompson Chapel CME Church, where she was the third oldest member and former Benevolent treasurer. She was a member […]
SHANNON – Dorothy Lee White, 81, of Shannon, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at her home. She was born July 31, 1931, to Charles Coleman and Odessa Wren. She was a member of Johnson Chapel and a retired employee from North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Mt. Calvary Outreach […]
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- Houston tourism tax vote set for Aug. 11 May 18, 2015
- Cook comes home to Houston May 21, 2015
- East Webster pitching halts Taylorsville May 21, 2015
- GAME ONE: Toppers fall hard in late innings May 21, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...