Local Focus! Locally owned businesses serv Washington Oil is a Houlka landmark located at the corner of Main Street and U.S. Highway 32. Gary Washington has been fixing flats, selling tires and offering oil changes for 14 years and is proud of the customer base he has built and the reputation for good work […]
Tag Archives | cold
HOUSTON – The two coldest days in recent history last week saw two house fires that totally destroyed both homes. Firefighters were called to a house fire on County Road 168 east of Houston, on the morning of Jan. 7, and then to a house fire on Wednesday on County Road 63 north of Woodland. […]
Houston posted a new record low of 10 degrees on Monday, Jan. 6 beating the old record of 12 degrees set in 1959, The community awoke Tuesday to single digit temperatures and the National Weather Service was collecting data to see if today’s temps also set a record. The NWS said the average high is […]
A cold front that sent freeze warnings all the way to the Mississippi Gulf Coast saw temperatures in Houston climb into the low 20s Monday with the chance of it plunging to 7-degrees tonight. The National Weather Service predicts temperatures will hit at least 10-degrees tonight with 15-mph winds out of the north-northwest sending the […]
By Errol Castens Daily Journal TUPELO – Northeast Mississippians could see wintry precipitation and the region’s coldest weather in years in the next few days. Light snow is possible Sunday night as heavy moisture meets a strong cold front, and single-digit temperatures – possibly lower – are expected for most of the region on Sunday […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Hannah Warren isn’t cold or hungry, but she is concerned about her neighbors around Chickasaw County who might be. The 19-year-old mother and college student said just because we don’t see people out begging on our local streets doesn’t mean there aren’t people in need. “I was in my Philosophy class,” Warren […]
Here it is the latter part of November and I found myself raking leaves at the Ingram Plantation in a t-shirt on Saturday. It rained Sunday, but that only made things muggy and humid. The sun even poked it’s head out Sunday afternoon to end the day on a beautiful note. But Thanksgiving is around […]
TUPELO – Northeast Mississippi areas that haven’t yet had their first killing frost are expected to see that situation change tonight. As early as this afternoon, a cold blast of Arctic air is expected to push through the region, dropping temperatures in some parts into the 30s before nightfall. Overnight lows are expected to hit the […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting Fines July 23, 2015
- Houlka trustees Ok demolition, infrastructure details July 27, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: It’s time to consider your choices July 27, 2015
- ICC offering newNational Guard program July 27, 2015
- Summer details handled by Okolona trustees July 28, 2015
- Victoria Wofford awarded Yates Scholarship July 29, 2015
- Suspicious mailers sent before Primary Election July 29, 2015
- Houlka’s Hobson on rise July 29, 2015
- Area residents graduate ICC program July 28, 2015
- Area trio earns ICC scholarships July 28, 2015
- Jimmie Hardin: I for one cared that it was a week late. I live in...
- Daniel Drown: Great article about this timeless masterpiece that...
- Greg Schmidt: This is good news because this is one of the most ...
- Barbara Swanson: I found this amazing site to make a living online....
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...