HOUSTON – The Houston PLUS Civitan Club hosted an installation service for new officers last week and used the event to highlight past accomplishments of their first year. Civitans came to Houston last summer to help develop a club and the Houston PLUS Civitan Club held its chartering service on Sept. 25, 2012 at the […]
Tag Archives | Club
TUPELO – Eleven volunteers tripped the light fantastic for kid’s sake Aug. 24 and set a new fundraising record for North Mississippi Boys and Girls Clubs. The eighth annual Dance Like the Stars event raised over $244,000, far surpassing the $186,000 mark it reached in 2012. The event raises money for BGC programs that teach […]
HOUSTON – Anyone who knows Ruby Lancaster is aware of her love of music. She has sung at many local benefits in various groups and in combination with her two sons, Casey and Caleb. She even spent several of her teenage years playing the piano at McCondy Baptist Church. But this year, she is going […]
HOUSTON – After six year, the Houston Boys and Girls club has closed its doors but members of the local advisory board hope to be able to provide services for children and youth again in the future. The clubhouse opened November 2007, offering after-school programs based on leadership and character development as well as tutorial […]
HOULKA – Continuing the original goal of Lions Club International, the Houlka chapter offers vision assistance in the community to those in need and even to those who don’t know they’re in need. Club President Sam McWhirter said the club tries to help replace vision aids for those who need help. “We try to buy […]
HOUSTON – It’s time for kids of all ages to throw a line in the water and see what comes up. The annual Kid’s Fishing Rodeo is back and set for this Saturday at Davis Lake east of Houlka. The event is open to children ages 4-17 at no charge as an opportunity to try […]
HOUSTON – On your mark, get set, help your friends and neighbors. The semi-annual Pink Ribbon 5K will be held Saturday in conjunction with the Spring Flywheel Festival and offers exercise enthusiasts an opportunity to compete for a good cause. The event is sponsored by Team Hope Houston to raise money to assist those affected […]
HOUSTON – Josh Voyles of Houston made a life-changing choice when he dropped out of high school. He gave up the opportunity to graduate and pursue a higher education, but he got another chance through the C.O.P.E.S and National Guard Youth ChalleNGe programs. After his junior year at Houston High School, Voyles made the decision […]
By Jan Dyson Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — The ladies of the Chickasaw County Homemakers Club were surprised at the history, records and artifacts that fill seven rooms in the Chickasaw County Historical and Genealogical Society. Houston’s best kept secret lighted the faces of the ladies as they strolled through the building […]
- George A. Roebuck December 12, 2013
- Tyrus Gibbs December 11, 2013
- Toppers, Wolves split December 11, 2013
- Fresh Start donates shoes to Shearer-Richardson December 11, 2013
- OHS students at leadership conference December 10, 2013
- George A. Roebuck December 12, 2013
- EDITORIAL: Christmas giving December 12, 2013
- Caught in the bleachers December 12, 2013
- Franklin ranked 17th in U.S. furniture market December 12, 2013
- Houlka at South tourney December 12, 2013
- Iggy: I am from the uk and just watching worlds strictes...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Look who’s reading now! […]...
- Houlka Homecoming is tonight! | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Houlka gym renovation […]...
- Linda: He does NOT make it right. I ordered beef from him...
- Reed Jones: Greenwood's division record is 5-0....