By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was a cold, dreary night in Houston on Saturday, but the basketball action at Hilltopper Gym provided plenty of excitement. In two games which saw each school win a game over the other, the Lady Hilltoppers defeated theLady Chieftains 49-18 , and in […]
Tag Archives | Clifton
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Okolona School Board dismissed a complaint of inappropriate music at home basketball games, hired a series of substitute tutors for the 21st Century program, and approved quotes for boiler repairs and lighting during its meeting Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA -Arteria Clifton, a 7-8th grade science teacher and coach, has an equation that helps students decide which way the ball is going to bounce for them on the court, in the classroom, and in the neighborhood. That equation: Potential plus effort equal success. In other words, […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal JACKSON – Okolona was never able to shake off a shaky start. The Cheiftains were stuck with one made field goal much of the first quarter Saturday at Mississippi Coliseum, while Bay Springs ran off with the Class 2A state championship with a 74-58 win. It took nearly 3 minutes […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – Bailey, Smith, Spears. Three names basketball fans in Mississippi need to remember, three names West Tallahatchie would like to forget. Okolona freshmen Jaylon Bailey, Cameron Smith and Ladarius Spears rang up 53 points Thursday to lead the Chieftains to a 73-67 comeback win against West Tallahatchie in the […]
COLUMBUS – Students named to the Dean’s List for the spring 2014 semester include several local scholars. To qualify for the Dean’s List, the student must be enrolled full-time and have a quality point average of 3.5 o 3.99 on a 4.0 scale. Dean’s List students from the readership area include: • Donna Clark of […]
ABERDEEN – Riley Clifton “Buddy” Thompson Jr., 79, died Monday, April 21, 2014, at the Care Center of Aberdeen. He was born Feb. 18, 1935, to Riley Clifton “Sam” Thompson Sr. and Mary Lou Baggett Thompson in Aberdeen. He was a lifelong resident of Aberdeen. He was a graduate of Aberdeen High School and a […]
WEST POINT – John Clifton Gable, 78, passed away on Wednesday, April 24, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House, in Tupelo. He was born Feb. 13, 1935, in Vardaman to Mattie Virginia McCullough and Waites Gable. He was a member of First United Methodist Church. He worked with USF&G Insurance Company for 36 years as an […]
- EDITORIAL: Collecting old fines, collecting on promises April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- CARA CHISM: Let’s work together for community May 1, 2016
- SCORES: Baseball Saturday, April 30 May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...