HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Aldermen named Margaret Futral as the new city clerk after a controversial four month vacancy at City Hall. Futral’s name was whittled down from a list of 39 resumes and she was part of a final list of about six names submitted to Mayor Stacey Parker for interviews and […]
Tag Archives | Clerk
By Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – A former Oxford deputy city clerk has been indicted by a Lafayette County grand jury on a charge of embezzlement. Alisa Liggins resigned her position in June 2013 after an investigation indicated irregularities in the handling of justice court receipts in 2012. Liggins, 46, of Oxford, was arrested […]
HOUSTON – The May term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court in Houston saw a number of probation revocations and five guilty pleas accepted by the court. Eight persons already under the courts purview for previous convictions saw their probation revoked or extended after being charged with new crimes or failing to report or pass drug […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
HOUSTON – City leaders chose their next top administrator and bookkeeper at a special called meeting of the Houston Board of Aldermen June 11. Janie Dendy was named the new Houston City Clerk and will replace Bobby Sanderson who is slated to retire later this month. A native of Algoma, Dendy has lived in Houston […]
HOUSTON – City Clerk Bobby Sanderson formally announced last week to the Houston Board of Mayor and Aldermen that he will retire as of June 30. Sanderson has informally said for some time he plans to retire and made the decision public to give the city time to hire a new City Clerk and smooth […]
- Mr. Houston January 25, 2015
- FLOYD INGRAM: The culture of the Super Bowl January 29, 2015
- Knight turn out lights on Houston January 29, 2015
- Trustees moving quickly January 30, 2015
- Supper in the sights January 30, 2015
- Wildfire alert February 1, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: James Meredith January 31, 2015
- Open posts in Chickasaw, Monroe draw crowd of candidates January 31, 2015
- AG arrests two for false filings January 31, 2015
- Nunnelee’s cancer no longer treatable, spokesman says January 30, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...