How does your town look? Too often we become accustomed to the grown-up lots and rundown property we see around town. We just pass it off as good ole Johnny Joe’s property that has looked like that for years. He’ll get around to cleaning it up one of these days. In Houston, one of those […]
Tag Archives | Clean
Years ago, before industrialization took over agriculture, especially chicken farming, many families had a flock of chickens on their farms. My PaPa was one of them. I remember that when he needed to introduce new chickens to the roost, we would do it at night. On several occasions at night, I remember helping him go […]
Please help keep Van Vleet clean Dear Editor, Around 1962, MDOT updated Hwy 32 at Van Vleet, cutting off a large triangular chunk of land belonging to Hugh Paden. This triangle was an ugly, naked cliff of yellow dirt that marked the entrance to the village’s main street. At that time, Van Vleet boasted a […]
HOUSTON – First impressions are important and Houston Aldermen want Tanglefoot Trail to give visitors to Houston a good opinion about the community. Alderman at Large Barry Springer asked fellow aldermen to join him on a Saturday tour of the trail to list property that needs to be torn down or cleaned up. “We are […]
- Futral hired as Houston City Clerk October 21, 2014
- Pearson to be honored by state October 22, 2014
- October 23, 2014
- Houston investigates racial slur October 24, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Sticks and stones . . . October 24, 2014
- STEVE COKER: The Wisdom of Potatoes October 25, 2014
- Life Chain hosts annual event October 25, 2014
- Field day planned for forages, beef October 24, 2014
- Crash ruptures gas line, blocks traffic on Hwy. 8 October 24, 2014
- Hebron downs Central Academy, 38-6 October 24, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...