Years ago, before industrialization took over agriculture, especially chicken farming, many families had a flock of chickens on their farms. My PaPa was one of them. I remember that when he needed to introduce new chickens to the roost, we would do it at night. On several occasions at night, I remember helping him go […]
Tag Archives | Clean
Please help keep Van Vleet clean Dear Editor, Around 1962, MDOT updated Hwy 32 at Van Vleet, cutting off a large triangular chunk of land belonging to Hugh Paden. This triangle was an ugly, naked cliff of yellow dirt that marked the entrance to the village’s main street. At that time, Van Vleet boasted a […]
HOUSTON – First impressions are important and Houston Aldermen want Tanglefoot Trail to give visitors to Houston a good opinion about the community. Alderman at Large Barry Springer asked fellow aldermen to join him on a Saturday tour of the trail to list property that needs to be torn down or cleaned up. “We are […]
- Emergency July 24, 2014
- Fire Academy July 27, 2014
- Horn/Jones July 27, 2014
- Cherry/Dendy July 27, 2014
- This story has a ring to it July 28, 2014
- Houlka Attendance Center engulfed by fire (w/video) July 30, 2014
- Area school dress code policies July 30, 2014
- Parents can be fined for truancy July 30, 2014
- Required Vaccinations July 29, 2014
- Reach, throw, row, go! July 29, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...