PRAIRIE – Mary L. Thompson, 66, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen.
Tag Archives | Clay County
MANTEE – Rayburn Dean “Ray” Kratz, 68, passed away on Saturday, July 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born April 29, 1945, in Eugene, Ore., to Carol Jean Kratz and the late Rev. James Kratz. He was a retired supervisor in the canning department with Bryan Foods for 27 years. […]
WEST POINT – Douglas R. “Buddy” Griggs, 65, passed away Friday, June 28, 2013, at USA Medical Center, in Mobile, Ala. He was born Jan. 20, 1948, in Monroe County, to Odele Garrett Griggs and Rufus Woodrow Griggs. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and was presently attending Strong United Methodist Church […]
HOUSTON – William David Coggins, 56, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at Aberdeen Care Center. He was born March 11, 1957, in Clay County, to Leon David Coggins and Lillian Grace McMullin Moore. He was a member of Houston Presbyterian Church. Services are at 5 p.m. today at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Don Locke […]
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- Lady Hilltoppers stopped by Amory October 23, 2014
- Megasite opportunity October 26, 2014
- Cooper gets tough with cancer October 27, 2014
- Thank you friends of education October 27, 2014
- Art in the Park October 27, 2014
- FLOYD INGRAM: Houston isn’t a bad place to live October 30, 2014
- Trustees, Senator, judges on ballot October 30, 2014
- MOLLY MAY NAMED ICC HOMECOMING QUEEN October 29, 2014
- Number 1 October 29, 2014
- Sweater drive underway October 29, 2014
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...