All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
Tag Archives | Clay County
PRAIRIE – Mary L. Thompson, 66, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen.
MANTEE – Rayburn Dean “Ray” Kratz, 68, passed away on Saturday, July 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born April 29, 1945, in Eugene, Ore., to Carol Jean Kratz and the late Rev. James Kratz. He was a retired supervisor in the canning department with Bryan Foods for 27 years. […]
WEST POINT – Douglas R. “Buddy” Griggs, 65, passed away Friday, June 28, 2013, at USA Medical Center, in Mobile, Ala. He was born Jan. 20, 1948, in Monroe County, to Odele Garrett Griggs and Rufus Woodrow Griggs. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and was presently attending Strong United Methodist Church […]
HOUSTON – William David Coggins, 56, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at Aberdeen Care Center. He was born March 11, 1957, in Clay County, to Leon David Coggins and Lillian Grace McMullin Moore. He was a member of Houston Presbyterian Church. Services are at 5 p.m. today at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Don Locke […]
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- MDWFP museum summer camp registration now open March 25, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: We’d best pay attention March 28, 2015
- Yokohama Mississippi nearing completion March 28, 2015
- One dead in crash south of Okolona March 28, 2015
- First Turkey March 28, 2015
- Coggins to lead Lenten Luncheon March 31, 2015
- Houston plans for farmer’s market March 31, 2015
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Help us “Save a Child” March 30, 2015
- Circuit Court term opened Monday March 30, 2015
- BIRTH: Emmitt Verell Wright March 29, 2015
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...