John and Marion Hudson will celebrate their 50th anniversary Dec. 14 at 1:30 p.m. at Enon Baptist Church in Clay County. The reception will be hosted by their children and grandchildren and all friends and relatives are invited to attend.
Tag Archives | Clay County
WEST POINT – Two people have been arrested in connection to the escape of a pair of Clay County prisoners. The Clay County Sheriff’s Department announced that Dyandra Gill, 20, of West Point and Gary Parker, 44, also of West Point, were both charged with two counts of harboring and concealing-escape. Gill and Parker are […]
WOODLAND – Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster, 95, died Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born July 19, 1918, in Clay County to John Juette Davidson and Lola Alice Russell Davidson. She was a housewife and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
PRAIRIE – Mary L. Thompson, 66, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, at Clay County Medical Center. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Aberdeen.
MANTEE – Rayburn Dean “Ray” Kratz, 68, passed away on Saturday, July 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Eupora. He was born April 29, 1945, in Eugene, Ore., to Carol Jean Kratz and the late Rev. James Kratz. He was a retired supervisor in the canning department with Bryan Foods for 27 years. […]
WEST POINT – Douglas R. “Buddy” Griggs, 65, passed away Friday, June 28, 2013, at USA Medical Center, in Mobile, Ala. He was born Jan. 20, 1948, in Monroe County, to Odele Garrett Griggs and Rufus Woodrow Griggs. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and was presently attending Strong United Methodist Church […]
HOUSTON – William David Coggins, 56, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at Aberdeen Care Center. He was born March 11, 1957, in Clay County, to Leon David Coggins and Lillian Grace McMullin Moore. He was a member of Houston Presbyterian Church. Services are at 5 p.m. today at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Don Locke […]
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of […]
By Bobby Harrison NEMS Daily Journal JACKSON – Various sources have confirmed that the Legislature will take up incentives in Friday’s special session to lure a major foreign tire manufacturing plant to Clay County. But officials say information on the size of the incentive package will not be made available to the public until just […]
HOULKA – William Paul Alexander, 66, died Wednesday, March 6, 2013. He was born Oct. 3, 1946, in Chickasaw County to Mark and Silvia Alexander. He married Mary Frances Sims on Nov. 22, 1997. He was a retired employee of Action in Pontotoc and a member of Schooner Valley Baptist Church. He was a loving […]
Will Miller checks a snare he set in hopes of trapping a wild hog in Western Clay County. The wild hog population in Clay County has grown exponentially within the past decade. Wild hogs, sometimes referred to as feral pigs, are swine that were once domesticated and were released or escaped into the wild. (AP […]
- Fuller Center cyclist pedal through Houston. April 23, 2016
- A perfect festival April 28, 2016
- Lady Toppers tripped by Lady Wolverines April 28, 2016
- Rams fall short on Senior Night April 28, 2016
- Drug disposal day is Saturday April 28, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- Chickasaw County no longer under tornado warning April 29, 2016
- JIM HOOD: Ignoring needs is not good government April 29, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...