WOODLAND – Barbara Dale McCoy Graham, 79, died Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 19, 1934, in Booneville to Chester Arthur McCoy and Florence Loraine Clark McCoy. She was retired from the Customer Service Department at Franklin Manufacturing Co. She was a member of Woodland Baptist […]
Tag Archives | Clark
HOUSTON – Jack Henry Clark Sr., 64, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 17, 1949, in Chickasaw County to Leon Clark and Sarah Elder Clark. He served in the U.S. Marines as a marksman and was a Vietnam veteran. He worked at Arkell Springs for more than […]
HOUSTON – The nation is celebrating the 150-year anniversary of the Civil War and the Chickasaw County Historical Society and its museum are seeking to do their part. The Historical Society is looking for Civil War photos, letters, diaries, artifacts and memorabilia to place in a special display at the Chickasaw County Museum next year. […]
HOULKA – Each spring, Superintendents around the state have the opportunity to nominate one senior for a Mississippi Association of Superintent’s Scholarship. Chickasaw County Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums submitted her nomination and found out this summer the award would go to 2013 graduate Kaylyn Clark. “At the MASS summer convention in July, I found out […]
HOUSTON – Vester Clark “Buck” Pettit, 75, passed away Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. A Houston native, he was born Oct. 8, 1937, to Clarence Pettit and Audrey Mae Clark Pettit. In his earlier career he worked for the Coca Cola Bottling Company. He later worked with […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
Minnie Williams SHANNON – Minnie Lee Clark Williams, 82, of Shannon, died Saturday, March 2, 2013, at her home. She was born Sept. 7, 1930, to Sheron Clark and Cordella Everson Clark. She was a member of New Salem M.B. Church. She loved cooking for her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday at High’s […]
PONTOTOC – Donald Gean Clark, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at his home. He was born April 21, 1948, in Chickasaw County, to Virt and Vera Bailey Clark. He graduated in 1971 for the University of Mississippi. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Pontotoc. He retired from a career in business […]
- Listening to those who served November 21, 2014
- Houlka ready for another run this season November 25, 2014
- CHICKASAW COUNTY: Luther wins Circuit Judge, Pettit wins Houston trustee November 25, 2014
- Mississippi producing big bucks November 25, 2014
- Come in from the cold November 26, 2014
- Monroe authorities need help locating missing man November 28, 2014
- Solar farm shines in Chickasaw County November 28, 2014
- Houlka powers past North Pontotoc November 27, 2014
- Houston nips Wildcats November 27, 2014
- Shop local November 27, 2014
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...
- Sad for Our Kids: Bravo! You've done your job as an advocate for a...
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...