HOUSTON – Jack Henry Clark Sr., 64, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 17, 1949, in Chickasaw County to Leon Clark and Sarah Elder Clark. He served in the U.S. Marines as a marksman and was a Vietnam veteran. He worked at Arkell Springs for more than […]
Tag Archives | Clark
HOUSTON – The nation is celebrating the 150-year anniversary of the Civil War and the Chickasaw County Historical Society and its museum are seeking to do their part. The Historical Society is looking for Civil War photos, letters, diaries, artifacts and memorabilia to place in a special display at the Chickasaw County Museum next year. […]
HOULKA – Each spring, Superintendents around the state have the opportunity to nominate one senior for a Mississippi Association of Superintent’s Scholarship. Chickasaw County Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums submitted her nomination and found out this summer the award would go to 2013 graduate Kaylyn Clark. “At the MASS summer convention in July, I found out […]
HOUSTON – Vester Clark “Buck” Pettit, 75, passed away Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. A Houston native, he was born Oct. 8, 1937, to Clarence Pettit and Audrey Mae Clark Pettit. In his earlier career he worked for the Coca Cola Bottling Company. He later worked with […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
Minnie Williams SHANNON – Minnie Lee Clark Williams, 82, of Shannon, died Saturday, March 2, 2013, at her home. She was born Sept. 7, 1930, to Sheron Clark and Cordella Everson Clark. She was a member of New Salem M.B. Church. She loved cooking for her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday at High’s […]
PONTOTOC – Donald Gean Clark, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at his home. He was born April 21, 1948, in Chickasaw County, to Virt and Vera Bailey Clark. He graduated in 1971 for the University of Mississippi. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Pontotoc. He retired from a career in business […]
- Sundancer seeks 14th national title: Houston racers head to Texas for Solar Car Challenge July 18, 2014
- Houston man arrested for rustling July 22, 2014
- Natchez Trace has $139M impact July 22, 2014
- Houston Solar Race team out in front July 23, 2014
- District eye suit to fund MAEP July 23, 2014
- Dodge’s Store robbed in Okolona July 25, 2014
- United Way holds Back to School resource fairs July 25, 2014
- It’s all about passion July 25, 2014
- Let’s hear it for EARS! July 25, 2014
- Houston Solar Car team wins 14th Solar Challenge July 25, 2014
- Pat Southerland: It is interesting to see that Mrs. Dendy is resign...
- Michael Mcalpin: So glad to have this service back locally....
- Pat Burgess: Congratulations to Jim for the award and for all t...
- Chip Ingram: My son Daniel was given a Bobbie Gentry album by ...
- Pam Dendy: I have that first album. My Daddy bought it for me...