Rad and Betty Clark marked 60 years of marriage on Sept. 18, 2013 at Pearson Chapel Church of the Nazarene in Chickasaw County. The couple had initially planned for a celebration, but Rad’s health did not allow it. Rad married Betty Ray, Sept. 18, 1953 in Kennett, Mo. They have one son David Gene […]
Tag Archives | Clark
BRUCE – Michael Tubbs, 67, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at his home. He was born July 23, 1946, in Oxford. He was a graduate of University of Mississippi, where he earned his business degree. He was a business owner representing the office furniture industry. He attended Pleasant Grove Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
WOODLAND – Barbara Dale McCoy Graham, 79, died Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born May 19, 1934, in Booneville to Chester Arthur McCoy and Florence Loraine Clark McCoy. She was retired from the Customer Service Department at Franklin Manufacturing Co. She was a member of Woodland Baptist […]
HOUSTON – Jack Henry Clark Sr., 64, died Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born July 17, 1949, in Chickasaw County to Leon Clark and Sarah Elder Clark. He served in the U.S. Marines as a marksman and was a Vietnam veteran. He worked at Arkell Springs for more than […]
HOUSTON – The nation is celebrating the 150-year anniversary of the Civil War and the Chickasaw County Historical Society and its museum are seeking to do their part. The Historical Society is looking for Civil War photos, letters, diaries, artifacts and memorabilia to place in a special display at the Chickasaw County Museum next year. […]
HOULKA – Each spring, Superintendents around the state have the opportunity to nominate one senior for a Mississippi Association of Superintent’s Scholarship. Chickasaw County Superintendent Dr. Betsy Collums submitted her nomination and found out this summer the award would go to 2013 graduate Kaylyn Clark. “At the MASS summer convention in July, I found out […]
HOUSTON – Vester Clark “Buck” Pettit, 75, passed away Thursday, Aug. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a lengthy illness. A Houston native, he was born Oct. 8, 1937, to Clarence Pettit and Audrey Mae Clark Pettit. In his earlier career he worked for the Coca Cola Bottling Company. He later worked with […]
HOUSTON – A dream that began more than 30 years ago opens its doors to Chickasaw County Saturday. The Chickasaw County Genealogical and Historical Society hosted a two-hour preview of the Chickasaw Museum in Joe Brigance Park last week, in preparation for the crowds they expect at Saturday’s Flywheel Festival. “We really are proud of […]
HOUSTON – Patients and visitors to Trace Regional Hospital in Houston know they will b greeted with a smile and a helping hand by Auxiliary members – the Pink Ladies. The volunteer group was formed in 1978 to assist patients and staff members and has been going strong ever since. Jane Bowles is one of […]
Minnie Williams SHANNON – Minnie Lee Clark Williams, 82, of Shannon, died Saturday, March 2, 2013, at her home. She was born Sept. 7, 1930, to Sheron Clark and Cordella Everson Clark. She was a member of New Salem M.B. Church. She loved cooking for her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday at High’s […]
PONTOTOC – Donald Gean Clark, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at his home. He was born April 21, 1948, in Chickasaw County, to Virt and Vera Bailey Clark. He graduated in 1971 for the University of Mississippi. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Pontotoc. He retired from a career in business […]
- CRIME ROUNDUP: Houston resident arrested for sexual assault May 16, 2015
- Blissard is 4A state tennis champ May 19, 2015
- COPES: Super Moms honored May 20, 2015
- HELP WANTED: Mentors, volunteers sought for COPES May 20, 2015
- Big fish, big smile May 20, 2015
- Houlka Homecoming 2015 is this weekend May 22, 2015
- Houston aldermen discuss Park & Recreation funds May 22, 2015
- East Webster toppled by inside-the-park HR in Game Two May 21, 2015
- Okolona graduates urged to excel May 21, 2015
- Police seek Dollar General bandit May 21, 2015
- Kansas and Mississippi become 8th and 9th states to allow carrying without a permit - Crime Prevention Research Center: […] The Kansas and Mississippi governors hav...
- Tg007.net: if you want the town to grow stop taxing the busin...
- i’m engaged, you can be too | architecture | equality: […] the design and related impacts of a new...
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...