Flying never happens until the bird leaves the nest. President Johnson’s Great Society is just over 50 years old. During this very long period America’s great society nest has become huge and yet crowded. President Lyndon Johnson declared war on poverty in January 1964. He then needed a poster child for his new […]
Tag Archives | Civil Rights
By Ginna Parsons Daily Journal TUPELO – A full house turned out Sunday afternoon at the Tupelo Civic Auditorium for a commemorative service honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood served as the master of ceremonies for the two-hour event. “I’m unworthy to be the MC of this, but […]
By Jay Reeves Associated Press BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – A national organization is launching a three-year, $8.5 million campaign to promote LGBT equality and push for new legal protections in three Southern states dominated by conservative politics and religion and known for resistance to change: Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi. Decades after groups used boycotts, marches, sit-ins, […]
- Hamby recognized for driving safety April 27, 2016
- Fast moving front rattles Chickasaw County April 29, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Musicians die but never the music April 30, 2016
- Murder/suicide ruled in Okolona Motel deaths April 30, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: The Square May 1, 2016
- Mississippi black bears are on the move May 3, 2016
- DAN MULLEN: ‘No intention of ever leaving’ May 3, 2016
- Vardaman sweeps Biggersville May 3, 2016
- Okolona aldermen address downtown buildings May 3, 2016
- Houlka names consolidation commissioners May 2, 2016
- THEOUSTEDONE: Oh yes. It is very interesting since Mrs. Dendy al...
- Consolodation | Home: […] Chickasaw consolidation likely headed to...
- Karie)Chapel: Thought-provoking article - I loved the facts . Do...
- Cortez Whittaker: Practical commentary . I am thankful for the infor...
- Byrne Cpa Firm Houston Ms | Rates for CPA Services for SMB: […] Globetrotters fun for all kids – Sulli...