HOUSTON – William E. “Billy” Bowles built a lot of bridges between different factions in the Mississippi Legislature. And with that in mind local government officials are seeking to have the Highway 15 overpass bridge at Highway 8 named in memory and honor of Bowles. Houston Aldermen passed a resolution last week asking the Mississippi […]
Tag Archives | city
HOULKA/HOUSTON – Although the calendar still says it’s winter, spring sports are just around the corner and organizers of youth sports in Houston and Houlka are already preparing for baseball and softball season. Houlka and Houston are both opening registration periods for their respective programs with Houston’s open now and Houlka’s set to open the […]
John Gravat of Houston has been named Dizzy Dean State Director for Mississippi. Gravat has been a long-time officer and organizer of the youth baseball and softball programs in Houston and also serves as Park and Recreation Director for the City of Houston. One of Gravat’s responsibilities will be to keep abreast of ongoing updates […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – City fathers will tell your that anyone who runs for city office for the paycheck is doing it for the wrong reason. The post of mayor and aldermen in Woodland and Houlka are considered part-time posts and the amounts those city leaders are paid pale in comparison to the paychecks for similar […]
HOUSTON – A judge has ruled that Chickasaw County and engineer Edward Springer owe Ausbern Construction for work done on a county road, but how much and exactly who will pay it will be determined in court. A motion for partial summary judgment has been given by Circuit Court Judge Andrew Howorth saying he believes […]
HOUSTON – Residents of Houston and surrounding counties get used to receiving electricity from Natchez Trace Electric Power Association, but many may not know how far the cooperatives reach is or what their latest improvement projects are. NTEPA General Manager Norma Kilgore, along with System Engineer Shaun Edmondson and Substation Supervisor James Pettit, gave an […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Aldermen named Daniel Heeringa as its 2013 appointment to the Houston School Board of Trustees last week. Heeringa will now fill out a full term and be up for re-appointment to his post on the Houston School Board in February 2018. Heeringa had been appointed by the city in […]
OKOLONA – School conservator Dr. Mac Curlee said Okolona schools have improved but they still have room for improvement. Speaking to the Okolona Board of Aldermen and Mayor on Dec. 11, Curlee said he is pleased with the direction is moving and glad to see the community appointing trustees to once again lead the district. […]
HOULKA – The Houlka Board of Aldermen heard a report on a sewer repair project that will alleviate a drainage problem for residents. A lift station is being installed at a resident’s home to correct a long-standing flow problem and the project should be completed this week. Mayor Jimmy Kelly said the problem was not […]
HOUSTON – Most city employees will see an increase in their paycheck this month, but not all of them. In a break from traditional across-the-board raises, Houston’s Board of Aldermen voted 3-2 for merit raises for all but three fulltime employees last week. Part-time workers will also not see an increase in wages. The vote […]
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Gwendolyn Shipp April 17, 2014
- Wolves start week clean April 17, 2014
- Herron places fourth at State April 17, 2014
- 3 dead in Nettleton shooting: Altercation at plant leads to street gunfire April 17, 2014
- Claiming their spots April 18, 2014
- Lady Toppers wrestle Gators April 18, 2014
- Authorities search for driver of drug car April 18, 2014
- Jamie Guin April 18, 2014
- Cameron Eddie April 18, 2014
- help: They treat their employees like they are slaves wo...
- William: This is best content site Deer archery....
- Marathon set for Tanglefoot Trail | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Trail opening was top story for 2013 [...
- Tickets issued for dogs in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Robertson speaks to Okolona Aldermen [...
- DOCKET: Circuit Court in Okolona | Chickasaw JournalChickasaw Journal: […] Circuit Court verdicts imposed in Okolon...