By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The employees of the City of Houston want you to take a little pride in your town. Nineteen Houston employees donned yellow safety vests, gloves and trash bags last week to clean up litter along Highway 8 through Houston. “We wanted to show the community […]
Tag Archives | City of houston
People who choose to live in town give up some choices when they move inside the city limits. Laws and ordinances let us know what the rules are and are designed to protect the quality of life for the thousands of people – young and old, rich and poor, black and white — who […]
HOUSTON – Cancer touches everybody’s lives. The American Cancer Society estimates one-in-four people will be diagnosed with some type of cancer during their lifetime and Chickasaw County Relay for Life is asking the community to come to Joe Brignance Park Friday night and help them bring that number down. “If you have not been touched […]
The City of Houston Park and Recreation department is offering youth basketball this winter and P&R Director, John Gravat, shared his thoughts on the program and supporting quality youth programs in the area. First, I just want to thank God for allowing me to be part of our city and county’s youth and also thank […]
- Snag it November 19, 2015
- Judgment and experience November 21, 2015
- Welcome home! November 22, 2015
- WEDDING: Rushing / King November 22, 2015
- Houlka Trustees address leave, texting policy November 23, 2015
- FBI to investigate incident at Ole Miss game November 25, 2015
- Mennonite conference bringing influx of visitors to downtown Tupelo November 25, 2015
- MSU Alumni Association announces 2015-16 student delegates, officers November 25, 2015
- Okolona urges parents to keep kids in school November 24, 2015
- Parents reminded that school attendance is mandatory November 24, 2015
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: You're going to rely on 90's era litigation in o...
- Firebug2006: "What will be law here, is an impossibly, deliber...
- Harvey Birdman, Esq.: The petition suggests a phase-in period, but the p...
- Nancy Young: Thank you for your lifelong support of public educ...
- DENICE ANNA CONEY: Just what I was looking for. That helped me a lot....