OKOLONA – The February term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court saw the Okolona docket drop from 105 cases in October to 67 this month, with judges disposing of 25 cases last term. Circuit Court Judges Robert Elliott, John A. Gregory and Andrew Howorth accepted 18 guilty pleas, retired five cases to the files, dismissed one […]
Tag Archives | Circuit Court
HOUSTON – A Circuit Court docket that held 91 cases at the first of 2013 has been whittled down to 63 during the final term of court this year. Judges, attorneys and court personnel were busy in the September term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court, disposing of more than a third of the cases on […]
OKOLONA – The October term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has seen the docket swell from 73 cases in July to 105 this month in Okolona. Most of the new cases involve a number of appeals from Justice Court with the majority of those being Driving Under the Influence cases. There are 12 DUI appeals […]
All of us have watched with interest the legal wranglings of the George Zimmerman trial and a little closer to home the latest filings of our very own Attorney General Jim Hood concerning Mississippi’s new open-carry law. As a hunter, reporter, husband, father and red-blooded American, I have to say I am a little concerned […]
OKOLONA – The July term of Chickasaw County Circuit Court has 73 cases set and drug related cases dominating the docket. The two week term opened on July 15 and continues through Friday, July 26, at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 32 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
The news came fast and quick around here this past week. A wreck involving three young men, the naming of a school superintendent in Okolona, the opening of Circuit Court Monday and a fire at a friends house that same day. Couple that with a long list of fun things to do at the Ingram […]
OKOLONA – Drug charges take up just over a third of the 79 cases in Chickasaw County Circuit Court this week. Court got underway last week and is slated to continue through Friday, Feb. 8 at the Chickasaw County Courtroom in Okolona. The docket saw 28 drug-related cases set for this term, down from the […]
- EDITORIAL: Emergency Service September 11, 2014
- Parents urged to immunize September 9, 2014
- Rewarding excellence in education September 12, 2014
- Topper Zone grand opening September 13, 2014
- RENEE CUNNINGHAM: Common Core: Prepared for education anywhere September 13, 2014
- ICC Adult Learner scholars September 16, 2014
- County opens bids for AgriCenter roof September 16, 2014
- Rebels on road to open SEC hoops September 15, 2014
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- BILLY McCORD: As I see it September 14, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...