HOUSTON – Residents have until Saturday to register with the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office to be eligible to vote in the Nov. 4 general elections. The November election will see voters pick a U.S. Senator, area judges and also cast their ballot for local school board trustees. Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Cassandra Pulliams said […]
Tag Archives | Circuit Clerk
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors President David Gene Walters appointed Cassandra Pulliam as Circuit Clerk Wednesday. Pulliam was sworn by Circuit Court Judge John Gregory about 10 a.m., as members of the Board of Supervisors, family and friends looked on in the Houston Courthouse courtroom. The ceremony was followed by a session of […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis died Sunday after a bout with cancer and is being remembered by the community as a firm, caring teacher and efficient county official. A special moment of silence was held on the opening day of Circuit Court at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston Monday morning where […]
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – People going to vote on Tuesday comfortable that they know the poll workers and will not need a government-issued photo identification to cast a ballot better think again. In response to a request from the secretary of state’s office, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has issued […]
Voters wanting to cast an absentee ballot in the June 3 primary can vote Saturday, May 31 at the Circuit Clerk’s office in both Houston and Okolona The clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon that Saturday. The law does not allow for absentee voting after Saturday. Hand delivery of absentee ballots […]
HOUSTON – With several surrounding counties noted for a higher than usual number of absentee ballots cast in the 2012 county elections, Chickasaw County officials are doing their part to make sure all ballots are cast properly. Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office employees said voting an absentee ballot is complex and they work hard to […]
JACKSON (AP) – Saturday is the deadline for Mississippians to register to vote in the June 3 congressional primary election. Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says in a news release that circuit clerks’ offices will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to accept voter registration applications. Mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
- Schools announce Wednesday closings February 25, 2015
- Agri-Center shaping up February 27, 2015
- GOP federal prosecutor to challenge Hood for AG February 27, 2015
- DANIEL GARDNER: God given rights February 28, 2015
- Happy Birthday Miss Zula March 1, 2015
- Mitchell Adair named Hinds 2014 graduate March 3, 2015
- Another winter storm may await March 3, 2015
- Chickasaw United Way allocates dollars March 3, 2015
- Moore to attend Clinton Global Initiative March 2, 2015
- UPDATE: Four hurt, two dead in Calhoun County wreck March 2, 2015
- Royal Chocolate: Great to see progress in my hometown!...
- Cherry Walker: I had heard this woman's name before so I did som...
- Kathryn: I'd say that Mr. Scott nailed it. Well said, sir...
- Erma Byars: Congratulations Marty for all your achievements. ...
- Candace: Good decision!...