HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis died Sunday after a bout with cancer and is being remembered by the community as a firm, caring teacher and efficient county official. A special moment of silence was held on the opening day of Circuit Court at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Houston Monday morning where […]
Tag Archives | Circuit Clerk
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – People going to vote on Tuesday comfortable that they know the poll workers and will not need a government-issued photo identification to cast a ballot better think again. In response to a request from the secretary of state’s office, Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood has issued […]
Voters wanting to cast an absentee ballot in the June 3 primary can vote Saturday, May 31 at the Circuit Clerk’s office in both Houston and Okolona The clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to noon that Saturday. The law does not allow for absentee voting after Saturday. Hand delivery of absentee ballots […]
HOUSTON – With several surrounding counties noted for a higher than usual number of absentee ballots cast in the 2012 county elections, Chickasaw County officials are doing their part to make sure all ballots are cast properly. Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office employees said voting an absentee ballot is complex and they work hard to […]
JACKSON (AP) – Saturday is the deadline for Mississippians to register to vote in the June 3 congressional primary election. Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says in a news release that circuit clerks’ offices will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to accept voter registration applications. Mail-in voter registration applications must be postmarked […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A new state law requires voters to be able to identify themselves to poll-workers and has prompted a new photo ID card to be be made available from local circuit clerks. The new technology and equipment were provided to the Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk’s office earlier this year and went on-line […]
- City changes procedures for Parks & Rec cash receipts September 15, 2014
- City ignores AG opinion on clerk post September 19, 2014
- BETTY ATKINSON: Honoring the U.S. Constitution September 19, 2014
- MDWFP BRIEFS: Weapon changes for deer hunters September 20, 2014
- WEEK 5: High school football scores September 20, 2014
- Shempert/Norwood September 21, 2014
- Making their special day, extra special September 21, 2014
- Pontotoc liquor vote tied with five ballots out September 20, 2014
- Mississippi aims to apply for federal preschool grant September 20, 2014
- MSMS to host info meeting in Oxford September 20, 2014
- Tammy Pettit: I get that you and I know several others are upset...
- Lolette: Well since most people work during the week dont y...
- Carol Mac: I went to the Tupelo run, and I have some advice f...
- Candace R.: If that isn't nepotism, what is??? The solution ...
- Linda Huffman: Our home school policy is a joke. Some of these ch...